Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Diet Time...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Default RE: Diet Time...

Why dont you post a pic of your upper body for us? Just black out your face. We wont hate on you. We need a better idea of where your at before we can tell you to lose weight or not. As I said before, if I was you, I would lift some heavy weights(bench, dead, and squat), consume 150-200 grams of protein a day(to feed your muscles), just buy some regular creatine monohydrate powder(holds water in muscles) because cell-tec is pretty much the same thing but 4x more expensive. Take the creatine right before you workout and maybe when you get up in the morning.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97
Oh yeah I have a bottle of a 2 day diet (lose 5 lbs) what do you guys think about kickstarting my diet with that? Though I would prefer to not be stuck on the toilet all day with the trots.
Throw that crap away.

Listen to whomever you want. CellTech always worked the best for me, and I took a ton of different kinds of creatine when I was lifting very heavily (At 180lbs I could bench 315 for 3 reps and leg press 700lbs for 8 reps.) Many times I would take 1/2 a "serving" before I worked out and 1/2 a serving immediately after. ALWAYS take some after you work out though. I would never take it all before I worked out. It might make me puke if I worked out too hard. Plus it works the best if taken immediately after a workout.
You have to go through a "loading" phase too when you first start taking it, so for like a week or so you have to take it in the morning too. It will tell you about that on thecontainer. I also agree with sir_nasty about off-and-on creatine "cycles". Do not buy the pre made "creatine serum" - it is worthless. All of the active creatine gets broken down rapidly when it is converted to liquid form. that is why you have to make it and drink it immediately. I always chugged mine anyway cause I hated how it tasted.

I agree with j_man about the protein. You should aim for around 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. if you are trying to gain muscle, the more the better.

And we won't hate on you if you post a pic either. If I were you, I would start with the 3 basic core building weight lifting activities. J_man already listed them - Squats, Bench Presses, and Deadlifts.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97
Oh yeah I have a bottle of a 2 day diet (lose 5 lbs) what do you guys think about kickstarting my diet with that? Though I would prefer to not be stuck on the toilet all day with the trots.
Throw that crap away.

Listen to whomever you want. CellTech always worked the best for me, and I took a ton of different kinds of creatine when I was lifting very heavily (At 180lbs I could bench 315 for 3 reps and leg press 700lbs for 8 reps.) Many times I would take 1/2 a "serving" before I worked out and 1/2 a serving immediately after. ALWAYS take some after you work out though. I would never take it all before I worked out. It might make me puke if I worked out too hard. Plus it works the best if taken immediately after a workout.
You have to go through a "loading" phase too when you first start taking it, so for like a week or so you have to take it in the morning too. It will tell you about that on thecontainer. I also agree with sir_nasty about off-and-on creatine "cycles". Do not buy the pre made "creatine serum" - it is worthless. All of the active creatine gets broken down rapidly when it is converted to liquid form. that is why you have to make it and drink it immediately. I always chugged mine anyway cause I hated how it tasted.

I agree with j_man about the protein. You should aim for around 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. if you are trying to gain muscle, the more the better.

And we won't hate on you if you post a pic either. If I were you, I would start with the 3 basic core building weight lifting activities. J_man already listed them - Squats, Bench Presses, and Deadlifts.
Yeh, I meant take it after your workout. I dont know what I was thinking. You should also consume 30-60 grams of protein 20-40 minutes after you workout. This is key ingetting protein back to your muscles because you have broke down protein while working out. Cell-tech did work well for me when I first began but I think it was in my head. As a lifting newb 2 years ago, I put on muscle quick when I first started and credited it all to Cell-tech. But in reality it was just normal newb gains that anyone gets when they first start lifting.

For energy I would suggest NO-XPLODEmade byBSN. I take it 15min. before working out and it really does make you crazy, especially for the first couple weeks!!!! Ypu can get it for like $35 a bottle on www.Netrition.com ...

I want to see that pic before I tell you anything else!!!!! Dont want to give you the wrong information....

Old 02-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

personally ive never been into the whole diet pill/protein shake thing. Just eat foots high in protein, suffer through the low fat foods for awile, and it will help get you on the right track for eating better on a daily basis.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: nafango2

personally ive never been into the whole diet pill/protein shake thing. Just eat foots high in protein, suffer through the low fat foods for awile, and it will help get you on the right track for eating better on a daily basis.
Well its hard to find high protein foods that arent full of calories. Thats where the shakes come in handy, and its a lot easier to drink 60 grams of protein than to eat it. I believe most diet pills are a waste even though ive never used em.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:45 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I'll be checking into the Cell-Tech and creatin on Monday. Vitamin World has a Buy 1 Get one free deal going on then. Also, thats when I am really going to start this whole diet/workout thing because Superbowl Sunday is coming up! I think our family is joining a gym to soon, so that will be great. Should I take an energy supplement before working out? What about redline?! Expensive. I am just afraid that since most energy drinks speed your heart rate, and working out also increases it, it could be potentially harmful.

Heres a pic....ebarassing to say the least[]lol Its the best one I can get and as you can see...it hangs out quite a bit farther than the rest of my body.

Also, I forgot to mention my sister has Type 1 Diabetes[&o], meaning I am at a high risk of also getting it. Not to mention, belly fat significantly increases the risk.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3187/96445B7EE49148768DDF1D4AED15BEDB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-02-2008, 08:54 PM

A pic with no shirt or from shoulders downwould have helped but thats ok. Looks like you have genetics play a role with your stomach area(no offense,everyone stores fat in different places)It looks like almost all of your fat is stored, well, you know where.Since your only 5'11, 180lbs, you only need to lose 10-20lbs so you wont be too skinny. If you lift weights youll be putting on muscle while losing fat so you will see a big difference in that tummy area

I would lift heavy, eat healthier(lower calories/higher protein), do cardio/ab work/run 4-5 miles a week and just stick with it. Nothing happens overnight man. Just dedicate yourself and I guarantee you in 3 months youll look like a different person

Old 02-02-2008, 09:37 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thanks for the reply! Taking a picture w/ my shirt on was embarrassing enough! lol But you get the idea!! But yeah, thats where the fat is stored and thats where my dads is too so your right, genetics does play a role + thats where my like all it is stored! You were dead on! lol

3 months eh? Sounds good to me. I am going to start eating healthy and less on Monday after superbowl. The past 3 days I have been doing the elliptical for 48 min. each day burning roughly 350 calories and going 3.5 miles. So I plan on doing that every day. I dont really have weight to lift so hopefully we join the gym soon. Also, I bought a big exercise ball thingy, so how shyould I do ab workouts on those? Hoiw long would it take to get noticeable abs?
Monday I am going to Vitamin World.

Thanks for everyones help so far I really appreciate and hope I have a big before and after picture!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

For energy I would suggest NO-XPLODEmade byBSN. I take it 15min. before working out and it really does make you crazy, especially for the first couple weeks!!!! Ypu can get it for like $35 a bottle on www.Netrition.com ...
I'm going to need to try this stuff out. I've been hearng lots about it. it wasn't on the market when I was lifting heavily.
The only reason I really thought Cell Tech worked was because I took it after I had tried many other products that didn't seem to do much. Here's the thing though: everyone's body responds differently to different stimuli. I could get great results from CellTech while somebody else thinks it sucks. I guess it's really all about finding what works. But 19Accord97, I think you should have a pretty good start here.
I also agree with the 30-60 grams of protein suggestion j_man said. Except I always took it exactly 1 hour after I worked out.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

For creatine, I'd recommend GNC TRAC over generic stuff. You don't need to load it because every dose is a loaded dose, but it is time released so it doesn't get toxic to your body like normal creatine can. Also, the argantine is supposed to supplement the creatine.

Quick Reply: Diet Time...