Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Diet Time...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Diet Time...

ok..... f the bmi scale..... cause 180 is not overweight for 6 feet tall, i am 6 foot tall 295 pounds and i havent weighed 180 pounds since i was 12..... so yeah..... when you weigh what i do..... then you can complain about being over weight ^_-

its pretty sad when i 14 year old goes to a weight guessing booth and they are off by 60 pounds ^_^

Old 02-04-2008, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro

ok..... f the bmi scale..... cause 180 is not overweight for 6 feet tall, i am 6 foot tall 295 pounds and i havent weighed 180 pounds since i was 12..... so yeah..... when you weigh what i do..... then you can complain about being over weight ^_-

its pretty sad when i 14 year old goes to a weight guessing booth and they are off by 60 pounds ^_^

No offense but thats funny as hell... Thats sig material right there

Old 02-04-2008, 10:46 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I cant drink pop anyways. Bad for my barretts esophagus (sp?) So that shouldnt be a problem.
I havent tried the muscle milk yet, as I still have some whey left, i'll mix it up a little.

Today I started tracking my calories. Took in roughly 1100.
Breakfast: Slim-Fast shake
Lunch: Turkey Sandwich, Yogurt, granola
Dinner: Eggs on wheat english muffins, Whey protein
ran 1 1/4 mile so roughly 220ish calories

On the site you listed its about $5 to ship that, so its about the same. And with that "Stack" 00accord you posted earlier, did you lose a bunch of weight and bulk up?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:44 AM

Amazon has muscle milk with free super saver shipping ftw. Dang you sure don't eat much. I eat a lot more than that and have always had trouble putting weight on. Fast metabolism ftw!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:53 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i wish i had a fast metabolism........ 3 years ago i weighed 220 and was pretty happy with that..... but the only reason i kept that was cause i worked in a stockroom moving around all day...... now i work in an office and sit at a desk all day.... which means over an hour of working out at home to offset what i did 3 years ago..... the problem is im lazy...... maybe i should go on the tapeworm diet....

Old 02-05-2008, 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

I cant drink pop anyways. Bad for my barretts esophagus (sp?) So that shouldnt be a problem.
I havent tried the muscle milk yet, as I still have some whey left, i'll mix it up a little.

On the site you listed its about $5 to ship that, so its about the same. And with that "Stack" 00accord you posted earlier, did you lose a bunch of weight and bulk up?
Not enough calories bro. You need to be eating atleast 2000 calories per day. If you cut your calorie intake suddenly by 800-1200 calories, your body will not respond right and you wont lose weight the way you want to. Do this too long and your body will start eating away muscle. Plus, you may have gotten in 100 grams of protein, not enough man...

Old 02-05-2008, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

I used the stack strictly for cutting a few pounds of fat and water weight. i was about 185 or 190 and it got me down to 176 in a few weeks and I could finally see my abs. But I would not necessarily recommend taking it right off the bat either. You need to build a good muscle base first.

J_man is right. You are not eating enough calories. 1100 calories in a day will throw your body into "starvation mode" and it will try to store your fat as if you were in a time of famine in the old days. That means you will not lose weight, and your body may even start to break down muscle instead of fat. You need to be eating at least 1800 calories a day to prevent this. But I recommend 2000 calories.
Here's some proof: On The Biggest Loser last week a guy only ate around 500-1000 calories per day and worked out like a madman with everyone else. He GAINED 3 lbs. It is because his body went into "starvation mode."

I know sometimes it is hard to eat if you are not hungry. If you can't get the 2000 calories in from food intake, you need to up your protein shake intake.
Looking at the schedule you posted, you need to pop in two extra meals: one between breakfast and lunch, and one between lunch and dinner.
Here's a basic day for me on my current diet:
8:00 - Breakfast - packet of oatmeal
10:30 - midmorning meal - small chicken breast and small baked potato
12:30 - lunch - veggie rice casserole with chicken (contains rice, chicken breast, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, and spices - NO salt)
3:45 - Mid Afternoon meal - healthy jambalya (contains rice, chicken breast, shrimp, tomato, onion, spices - again NO salt)
7:00 - dinner - either something like one of the above, or sometimes I eat a bowl of Special K Protein Plus cereal if I'm lazy and don't want to make dinner
9:00 - apple or some kind of fruit - sometimes I throw this in with one of my meals and skip it at night

As you see, I am not taking any supplements yet. i have only started back walking with my wife, dog, and baby for about 2 miles, then my wife takes the dog and baby in and I run a mile. If I have time I do some crunches and push-ups. I'll be joining a gym as soon as I can afford it. Fricken day care just jacked up tuition to $130 a week! There goes the raise I just got!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:23 AM

Dang... you took my biggest loser referance away from me... I really enjoy watching that show but I was stunned when one season they said that around 80% of the contestants who lose the weight will put it back on....

Also, for opinion #3, that amount of calories will do nothing for you unless you do that for a prolonged amount of time, it's called anorexia, eating very little and working out lots, you lose weight but it destroys your body... Throw some fish, chicken, and or tofu or soy based meals into the mix for some added protein and calories, also, as stated, you need plenty of water.

If you take in about 2000 (healty) calories a day and an ounce of water per body weight you should be in an ideal situation for weight loss...

Old 02-05-2008, 11:59 AM

nasty is right about the water too if it hasn't been mentioned yet. My fat @$$ is supposed to drink about 1.8 gallons of water every day! I hate to say it, but I don't think I have been drinking that much. That "8 glasses per day" thing is BS. If eight 8oz glasses of water was enough for you, you should only weigh 64 lbs!. 19Accord97, at 180lbs, you should be drinking around 1 & 1/2 gallons per day.

if only it was healthy to drink that much beer!!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Alright thanks again for the great tips guys!

I will up my calorie intake which shouldnt be hard b/c the Muscle Milk has 600 calories (w/ milk) for one serving and you do two a day. So I shall do one with milk, and one with water (350 cal.). I will try to increase my water intake as well. 1 1/2 Gallons of water a day...dear Lord thats alot! Plus expensive! (We buy gallon jugs because our tap water is orange sometimes!).

I think after a week or so I will be able to figure out a eating schedule of some sort. College makes it somewhat difficult.
M, F 1-1:50
T, TH 8-9:15, 9:30-10:45, 11-12:15, 1-1:50

Another note, I have been doing the elliptical every day, usually the 48 min. weight loss mode (350ish calories). Our plans to join a gym fell through so can you guys recommend some muscle building lifting? We dont have hand weights, but I do have an exercise ball. And we have a few weights that you but on a bar.

Quick Reply: Diet Time...