Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Diet Time...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Default RE: Diet Time...

Total gym blows.I tried one out at a fitness place and I thought it was gonna crumble underneath me...

Bowflex is good for certain exercises but without free weights youll only get so strong and so big, nothing beats em...

Old 02-08-2008, 02:40 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

A couple more questions guys.

How long should I be lifting?
I do the elliptical for 48min then lift afterwards.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:21 PM

Time in lifting isn't nearly as important as a schedule/sets/reps for what you want to accomplish. Generally speaking if you want to build mass and strength do more weight and less reps (like 3 sets of 4 reps with enough weight to seriously tire you) or if you want tone and weight loss use less weight and more reps (like 3 sets of 10-12 reps with just enough weight to tire you out). I usually did a 3 day rotation, arms and chest one day, legs the other, and back/abs the third.

Now as for scheduling you can either do something like... (as for which ones the best I have no idea...)

Day:
1) Arms
2) Off
3) Legs
4) Off
5) abs
6) off

or

1)arms
2)legs
3)abs
4)arms
5)legs
6)abs
7)off

Old 02-08-2008, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

Time in lifting isn't nearly as important as a schedule/sets/reps for what you want to accomplish. Generally speaking if you want to build mass and strength do more weight and less reps (like 3 sets of 4 reps with enough weight to seriously tire you) or if you want tone and weight loss use less weight and more reps (like 3 sets of 10-12 reps with just enough weight to tire you out). I usually did a 3 day rotation, arms and chest one day, legs the other, and back/abs the third.

Now as for scheduling you can either do something like... (as for which ones the best I have no idea...)

Day:
1) Arms
2) Off
3) Legs
4) Off
5) abs
6) off

or

1)arms
2)legs
3)abs
4)arms
5)legs
6)abs
7)off

Toning doesnt exist in terms of lifting heavier or lighter weights. Toning has to do with cutting weight and becoming more defined. Read this article- http://blogs.myplainview.com/blogs/i...;tb=1&pb=1... So it doesnt matter if you do 3-4 heavy reps or 12-15 light reps, it wont "tone" your body. It has to do with dieting... Just clearing this up.

As for working out, what equipment do you have besides the elliptical? Are you just gonna work out with no weights like that link I posted a few posts back? Before I suggest a workout/cardio routine I really need to know this...

Old 02-08-2008, 11:08 PM

x2...people looked toned not from what type of workout they do, but because of their body fat percentage.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:29 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

All we have is an elliptical and treadmill and my 30 lb dumbell and exercise ball. :/ not much, but with that and the protein/muscle milk its getting expensive quick!

Old 02-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

eat healthy and do lots of cardio. best advice you can get. run if you have the chance, but it is winter.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:27 PM

Don't lift weights for any longer than 1 hour.
High repetitions can get you big just like lifting heavy can. It is a common misconception that lifting heavy with fewer repsmakes you bigger than lifting light weight for higher reps.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:18 PM

alright guys its week two and here's an update:
-started out at 186 lbs and now as of today im 167 lbs
-definately getting stronger and noticing the growth of my muscles...especially on my legs
-still on hydroxycut hardcore ( i believe these are what are helping me alot!)
-100 percent whey protein every day
-eating a minimun of 1500 calories a day
-still losing pounds every week
last but not least, i feel great! i feel no lazyness or anything...its like im pumped all the time...i will keep taking hydroxycut until i reach 150 lbs

Old 02-09-2008, 05:29 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: blackex19

alright guys its week two and here's an update:
-started out at 186 lbs and now as of today im 167 lbs
-definately getting stronger and noticing the growth of my muscles...especially on my legs
-still on hydroxycut hardcore ( i believe these are what are helping me alot!)
-100 percent whey protein every day
-eating a minimun of 1500 calories a day
-still losing pounds every week
last but not least, i feel great! i feel no lazyness or anything...its like im pumped all the time...i will keep taking hydroxycut until i reach 150 lbs
Dang, what all are you doing?! How much is the Hydroxycut?

Quick Reply: Diet Time...