Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Do you Workout?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Default RE: Do you Workout?

protein shake...

Old 05-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ummmm ...... if I wrote out the comment that I'm thinking of, this wouldn't be a family show ... LOL

I use GNC protein right now. 20g in a cup and it tastes pretty good. The trick is stirring it for like 5 minutes so it's nott he consistancy of Campbell's soup that wasn't stirred ..... little clumps of gel ..... ewwww.

For the record .... Champion Nutrition stuff tastes disgusting!

Old 05-22-2008, 04:03 PM

hmm what if u just put it in a blender

Old 05-22-2008, 04:52 PM

it would be too loud for the office ..... and it's easier to clean up a spoon at work. The GNC stuff mixes in after a while .... I just stare at threads and stir for a bit.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:54 PM

I just started back at the gym. It's brutal. I am so sore today (worked out tuesday) I feel like I tore the tendons connecting my biceps to my forearms and my chest is on fire.
I just opened a new container of Nitro Whey Extreme (Prosource brand) - 44g of protein in a serving. It is chocolate flavor, but I don't really pay much attention to the taste since I just chug it as fast as I can. It gives me the runs and the farts too. Just like when I used to take protein years ago. I didn't miss it.
Two days ago I ordered some plain old creatine monohydrate, beta alanine, and SuperPump 250. I'll let yall know how it goes. I won't take the superpump till I get my muscles back to being used to being thrashed though. Right now I'm in agony.
I was going to go back today to work legs, but I don't think I would be able to move my arms under the bar to do squats since they are so sore and tight. I'm going to have to go Friday or Saturday.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24
For the record .... Champion Nutrition stuff tastes disgusting!
Its not that bad... Thats probably why its 1/2 the price of other brands with the same amount of protein, calories, etc. I like their weightgainer powder, it does the job

Good to hear your back at it Jon. I love the soreness, it lets you know your doing something right in the gym. And those runs and farts will go away after your body gets used to taking in those shakes.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:01 AM

^ Oh yeah I know. I was expecting it haha! Brought back some old memories. Stil sore today (3 days later), but the pain is not quite as bad. I used to love getting sore too, but it has been so long I forgot how it felt to actually be really sore!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:56 AM

U guys remind me that i need to get back at the gym... i lost way too much muscle... i need more exersice...

Old 05-23-2008, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: KevinAccord

U guys remind me that i need to get back at the gym... i lost way too much muscle... i need more exersice...
Do it man... I love working out every time i go to the gym. It's how i relieve stress and take my mind off things that worry me

Old 05-23-2008, 10:20 PM

Ok I compete in Strongman, and first you have to build a good base with your lifts like bench, squat, and DL. Usually lifting heavy alot will put more mass on you. Say your bench max was 300lbs, so for bench I would do 3 sets of 3 with 250ish to get some heavy work in. There are alot of variations of work outs you can do. Depends on what you are wanting a powerlifting looking or a body building look. I am also drug free.

Bench: 450lbs
Squat:700lbs
Incline: 365lbs
DL: 515lbs

Quick Reply: Do you Workout?