Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Ebay/Paypal Boycott ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
Default Ebay/Paypal Boycott ???

Any one else heard anything about this?
Here is a 'copy paste' below from Craigslist;
Sort of suprised me that they allowed it because Ebay owns 50% of
Craigslist.

Guess Paypal and Ebay are going to find out they are not "untouchable" after all.

There is a movement afoot to Boycott Ebay/Paypal for the month of April.

I think it stems from the newest Class action lawsuit against paypal. http://letssuepaypal.com/phpBB2/index.php

Paypal made a plea agreement in the Califonia lawsuit to prevent having a judgement against them. So without a precendent set, no state attorney general feels confident to take care of the people that elected him/her; http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Ebay stock fell again today on the NASDAQ, down another percentage point

Paypal has teams of lawyers finding loopholes in financial laws to give them the ability to seize and hold millions of dollars in customers bank accounts. With Ebay being the driving force behind who's bank account gets held.

I'm all for the boycott; Personal experience; An Ebay seller cancelled a sale as 'out of stock' and refunded my wifes payment back to her checking account, then two days later Paypal deemed her "suspicious" and locked her account and demanded "full access" to her bank account and her Social Security Number. When she refused, a Paypal account person called and made threats to "ruin your credit ratings".

When you go get groceries at Wal-mart, does the cashier demand "full access" to your bank account and your Social Security Number? I think not !!

So why should Ebay/Paypal be able to make such demands, and then seize and hold millions of dollars in peoples bank funds?

STICK IT TO EM !!! .......................BOYCOTT EBAY/PAYPAL the Month of APRIL

Old 03-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Administrator
Talking Be Care Full My Friend

They just might come in here and lock down your account for something...I stopped putting in my ads on E-bay almost 2 years ago..even tho I am Business Pay Pal Certified..I use Craigslist and Bargain Trader and Amazon now...I keep pay pal in case I ever need them...

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Ebay/Paypal Boycott   ???-pp_secure_213wx37h.gif  
Old 03-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

big brother is watching...

... and touching himself