Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Few Things in Life Are More Fun Than Driving!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Default Few Things in Life Are More Fun Than Driving!

Somethings are just too amazing to describe.

Driving is one of these things. Maybe it's because I'm so green that I enjoy it so much, but someone has to agree with me. When you love you car, it doesn't matter if you're driving a ferrari or a geo (Well, maybe a Geo's an exageration), you have fun driving.

Tonight was a night for driving, the roads were just a little slick, and the night came early. I just drove for about 2 hours. Main roads, back roads. It was just a lot of fun, but with gas prices on the incline it's harder to just enjoy it. Anyone agree?

Anyway, the basic point is just the pure fun of driving and the crazily increasing gas prices

Old 11-20-2007, 08:47 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Few Things in Life Are More Fun Than Driving!

I agree 100%.

Sometimes when I am out late at night such as midnight or 1 am, instead of going home ill drive for about a half hour to an hour away, then come back and go home. I love it. When I get mad, or sad, or w/e I go and drive. It puts me in a good mood, and its simply fun. You are in your own world and can go as you please and think things out. If gas prices were cheaper I would be taking mini road trips all the time to wherever! I think, that when you begin to customize your car it makes you enjoy it even more even when no one else is around.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:56 PM

Driving is howI relieve stress.... When I get stressed about girlfriend, school, work, family, etc., I will go take a ride and clear my head. Just let the windows down, turn on that favorite song, and be free. There's nothing like it.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

To speak more to what 19accord97 said,
I think, that when you begin to customize your car it makes you enjoy it even more even when no one else is around.
The point of KNOWING that you love your car, and you love driving it, is when you DO enjoy it when no one is around.

I know my car isn't up there like some of ya'lls, but I definitely have taken the pride of at least doing all the work myself, and am enjoying the benefits of the mods. It's the long drives like you guys are talking about that make it all worth it, the point of reflection where you can actualize moments from your memory about the progress. When you crank her up after you just got done cleaning up your workspace, and listening to the difference you just made; Or when you tighten your shocks and find some windy roads - It's about the adrenaline and satisfaction.

Thanks for the post!

Old 11-21-2007, 03:34 AM

my car is my baby!! love it with a passion. working on your car is like watchin a child grow up. seeing all the phases you go through with it. i mean it is what it is.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:45 AM

I haven't even done anything to my car, except clean in and take care of it. But you're exactly right, those long drives where nothing else seems to matter, not school, not your signifigant other, nothing else matters but the moment. That moment seems to stretch on forever, until it's over and it seems no more than an instant

Old 11-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

That's deep... I like!

Old 11-21-2007, 10:08 AM

There is nothing better than driving a manual transmission car down a twisty back road. Downshifting and powering through the turns.....you can't beat it. I learned how on a 1990 Mustang 5.0 GT 5spd (RIP.) My parents must have been crazy to get me that car at 16!

Old 11-21-2007, 10:14 AM

i totally agree, i just dida trip from Philly to Detriot and the drive was a breeze. I loved spending time in my car. BTW she got 550miles to the tank with the cruze control on 75. It did quite a bit of snowing in ohio and she just pulled right through it, no wheel slip no skidding. I love her and its just great to take a ride, weather its to work or to philly, or destinations further.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:09 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Yesterday my friend and I skipped our last classes , well me one and him two (we are the only colege to have class this week...what the heck?) so on the interstate we drove side by side the whole time practically because no one was within 3 miles of us! Then we proceeded to a dirt road and there are 2 amazing turns that are wide so you can slide around them and they were muddy so our cars were covered in mud! It was awesome, and I plan on doing it again today since its raining!!!

Quick Reply: Few Things in Life Are More Fun Than Driving!