Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Few Things in Life Are More Fun Than Driving!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Default RE: Few Things in Life Are More Fun Than Driving!

Alright. Thanks. I don't have a job yet. But a project car's a good idea. Thanks

Old 11-25-2007, 06:30 PM

Yo, New story, Post your stories of quality time with your car again!

I was out today, and I'd just seen a tuning/modding video from Grip Video, not pimping anything here, but I took what you guys said about an E-Brake + Parking Lot, and what they did in the 10 minutes I watched, and NO ONE SHOULD DO THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, I didn't know what I was doing, but no one else should do it.

Anyway, I was driving along and decided to try something new, so I took the turn at 30 and ripped the E-brake. I did a very short, lame powerslide. Then I took a friend of mine driving, she drove a little, and I did a donut, and about 3 more powerslides over the course of an hour. I probably burned through my good years (firestone), which I feel bad about. But still, it was wicked fun. The thrill of pwerslides are awesome. However, because I don't want to reduce the lifespan anymore of my 160,000 Mile+ daily driver, I'm going to find a project car and start fixing it up. I'm hoping to find a RWD car, even busted as all hell, puting the time in to make it drivable, will be fun. But I still love my Accord. I just don't want to beat it to death

Old 11-25-2007, 06:53 PM

Yes definately get a RWD car!!! 240sx, 300zx, RX-7, Supra, etc. You'll be glad you did bro... If you love powersliding and doing donuts, then just wait until you get a RWD car and start drifting!!! I did a little beginner drifting in the rain the other day in my 240sx and it was mad fun!!!

Old 11-25-2007, 09:39 PM

So I've heard. I just don't wanna beat the **** out of my daily driver. Any RWD project car, will be a b***** to fix and insure on Minimum, but It's probably worth it right? Learning how to put the car together and upgrading it yourself and then seeing your efforts pay off. I'm hoping this won't be end badly

Old 11-25-2007, 09:53 PM

Once you get a 240sx, RX-7, etc, and start driving it, you'll be hooked! Trust me I had a '93 240sx about 2 years ago and stupidly sold it. I've been looking for another one ever since and finally bought a '96.. The stock KA24DE motors can take a hell of a beating and keep on ticking.. They come out of the box with 160hp and have great low-end torque. I drive mine daily and have no trouble out of it. I also do some donuts and some parking lot drifting on the weekends.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:51 AM

When I was 16 and had my 91 Mustang GT, it used to scare the crap out of my in the rain. One slight turn and a little too much on the gas = sideways. One time I did a 180 in the middle of an intersection when I was trying to make a left turn. I just though "I'll blip the gas a bit andhave some fun spinning the tires." Yeah right. As soon as I blipped the gas, the back end was gone. Luckily I didn't wreck!
Those mustangs are horrible in the rain though. Once I was headed to school in the rain. As soon as I hit 3rd gear I hit a puddle of water on the road. I was going straight. All of a sudden the rear end comes around and I'm going for a ride (hydroplaning.) I just mashed the clutch in and let it do it's thing. Afterabout 1 & 1/2complete revolutions I was rolling backwards with a truck right in front of me (He was traveling forward, I was moving backwards.) The car then lost it again, did about 1 & 1/2 more revolitions, and stopped on the side of the road.

I would never have gotten rid of that car. About 7 or 8 months after I bought it, a lady ran a red light and I couldn't avoid her. It was totaled. It looked like I hit a train. One of my buddy's younger brothers was in the car with me. He was about 12 or 13 I think. Neither one of us were wearing our seatbelts. I had an airbag....he didn't. When the car stopped spinning and the smoke cleared, he waslaying acrossthe back seat (he was in the front seat before the impact.) As soon as I looked at him and asked him if he was OK, blood started pouring out of his face. He had partially gone through the windshield. When all was said and done, he had fractured his pelvis, dislocated his hip, and the doctors stopped counting the stitches in his face when they reached 100. he had to have multiple reconstructive surgeries. The at-fault lady was driving an older model F150. She did not have a driver's license nor insurance.The truck wasn't even hers. I was told she had a pretty massive head wound and was in critical condition for a while, but I think she made it OK.
I walked away without a scratch on me. I wasn't even sore the next day.
Ever since then I've never driven without my seatbelt on. That happened in December of 1999.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

When I was 16 and had my 91 Mustang GT, it used to scare the crap out of my in the rain. One slight turn and a little too much on the gas = sideways. One time I did a 180 in the middle of an intersection when I was trying to make a left turn. I just though "I'll blip the gas a bit andhave some fun spinning the tires." Yeah right. As soon as I blipped the gas, the back end was gone. Luckily I didn't wreck!
Those mustangs are horrible in the rain though. Once I was headed to school in the rain. As soon as I hit 3rd gear I hit a puddle of water on the road. I was going straight. All of a sudden the rear end comes around and I'm going for a ride (hydroplaning.) I just mashed the clutch in and let it do it's thing. Afterabout 1 & 1/2complete revolutions I was rolling backwards with a truck right in front of me (He was traveling forward, I was moving backwards.) The car then lost it again, did about 1 & 1/2 more revolitions, and stopped on the side of the road.

I would never have gotten rid of that car. About 7 or 8 months after I bought it, a lady ran a red light and I couldn't avoid her. It was totaled. It looked like I hit a train. One of my buddy's younger brothers was in the car with me. He was about 12 or 13 I think. Neither one of us were wearing our seatbelts. I had an airbag....he didn't. When the car stopped spinning and the smoke cleared, he waslaying acrossthe back seat (he was in the front seat before the impact.) As soon as I looked at him and asked him if he was OK, blood started pouring out of his face. He had partially gone through the windshield. When all was said and done, he had fractured his pelvis, dislocated his hip, and the doctors stopped counting the stitches in his face when they reached 100. he had to have multiple reconstructive surgeries. The at-fault lady was driving an older model F150. She did not have a driver's license nor insurance.The truck wasn't even hers. I was told she had a pretty massive head wound and was in critical condition for a while, but I think she made it OK.
I walked away without a scratch on me. I wasn't even sore the next day.
Ever since then I've never driven without my seatbelt on. That happened in December of 1999.
damn, sorry to hear that...
how is your friend doing now?

Old 11-26-2007, 02:59 PM

I haven't heard from him in years. Last I saw he was getting around just fine. Walking like normal. He only had a few scars left on his face. They were still going to do another plastic surgery or two.
His family moved to Arkansas and we lost touch over the years.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:58 PM

Dang man, you shot my "RWD cars are the sh** concept" straight down with that story.[8D]... JK, but seriously im sorry to hear about that wreck. And yes I always wear my seatbelt as well

Old 11-26-2007, 09:03 PM

Yeah, Thats something I've had to learn. I've never had an accident, but I've never been in the position, thankfully. I think it's kind of a mustang problem. Everyone I know says it handles like a shopping cart full of bricks.

Sorry to hear about your crash.

Quick Reply: Few Things in Life Are More Fun Than Driving!