Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Few Things in Life Are More Fun Than Driving!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Default RE: Few Things in Life Are More Fun Than Driving!

ORIGINAL: Phantom Gett
Everyone I know says it handles like a shopping cart full of bricks.
In the rain, that statement is correct. Ona dry surface,it is very much incorrect. At least in my experiences. I used to drive the crap out of it on windy back roads andnever lost it. Unless i hit a patch of loose gravel (ANY car would lose it when that happens.)
But when it rains hardoutside, you have to go waaayyyy slower than everyone else if you don't want to hydroplane.

That wreck was nearly 8 years ago now. No need to be sorry about it. I just wanted to sharethe story.I consider it a great learning experience. That could even be one of the reasons I got into the insurance claims business.
I didn't include that later the woman that caused the wreck tried to sue me and my insurance company defended. I never heard anything else about it after my insurance company's lawyer took my statement.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:08 PM

Well, Thats good. She majorly did some damage. I hope she got what was coming to her.

On another note. I was the witness to two tools. Upstate there had just been an accident involving 3 people, all in the same car. 2 were killed, the one in the back was ejected and in critical condition (no word on wheather or not thats changes). It was caused due to excessive speed.

Now, as if people didn't get it before. I was cruising along at 50 on a 45 MPH straigh road, with 3 other people in the car. I was getting us out of school, so I was taking it slow. Then as Saab 900 Turbo, blows by me... I got ticked, and I tried to keep up, I realized how dumb I was when I hit 70, pretty quick, and noticed that an 03-04 Accord blew by me while I was trying to keep up! I slowed right down remembering my friends. It was stright and in their right to pass, but 80+ on a 45? I was like...Wow, later.

From then my, one of my passengers kept pestering me about tail-gating. I was a good 4 seconds behind the Saab (a little while later) and I had to yell at the guy, he almost got me to actually tailgate him to show him I wasn't. Jeez, It takes a cool head to drive. Something I gotta work on. I'm accident free so far, except my spinout yesterday.

Don't know if I mentioned, a particularly stupid move, I ended up trying to powerslide, on a wet turn, and because of my lack of experience, I lost the back end and wound up tunred around. It was a close call, I thank some higher power I didn't lose it over the hill, there were no cars coming or going and I didn't seriously damage the car's body. I got lucky. I learned a lesson there. Like I said. A Cool head. I gotta work on it.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:21 PM

If someone rides my a** while i'm going 65+, i'm locking up the brakes!!!! I can't stand a** riders!!!! F*C* EM' ALL!!!...... I guess I need to work on a cool head too while driving[:@]

Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 PM

No, I don't blame you. It's annoying as heck. Fricken' on your tail forever and it's like, "Wow, you're cool, you can smoke a 95 Accord with 4 people in it without trying, good job a-hole!"

Oh, sorry, I was relating back to me. Anyone who thinks Accords are slow, needs to drive one. When you feel that VTEC revv, not making fun here, being honest. When you feel it revv, it's pure exctasy

Old 11-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Almost A Senior Member

sex while driving

Old 11-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

If someone rides my a** while i'm going 65+, i'm locking up the brakes!!!! I can't stand a** riders!!!! F*C* EM' ALL!!!...... I guess I need to work on a cool head too while driving[:@]
j_man: You have a sunroof in that thing, right????? How about a few pennies in the change holder to the left of the steering wheel ...... are you following me?

Old 11-28-2007, 05:03 PM

Nice. (In reply to Falkore)And to the sex while driving comment? Isn't that...illegal?

Old 11-28-2007, 05:10 PM

Phantom man, i can't understand half of what you said....

Yeah i keep a few old AA and 9volt batteries in the glovebox for that reason...

A few years ago while i had my 86 4 Runner (only the coolest truck in the world!) this guy floored it passed me, and cut me off, only to slam on his breaks...
So i do the natural texas thing to do and tell him he's #1 and yell at him.

Well the next thing I notice is a brick flying out the driver side window, to which I swerve out of the way for it to still hit my tire.
It hit my tire, and probably picked up about 50mph on the ****er and it flew THROUGH the door of the car that was adjacent to me...

I had pulled over to see if he was ok; it had hit him and broke skin, but he didn't realize that it came off myc ar, he just saw it come from the other car..

he got the license number, SOMEhow, after being pelted with a brick, and said he was going to go after the guy...

i have a few stories along the lines of other ppl gettin f-d up cuz of road rage here in Dallas...
I feel it's one of the worst, if not THE worst place to drive... I escape death probably 5 times a day to and from work..

ppl say NY is bad... no... that's a walk in the park compared to Dallas drivers. That's my final answer, and "My name is Sampson, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it, jah!"

Old 11-28-2007, 05:20 PM

I'll agree with you there. not that I have any personal experience here. What didn't you understand?

Old 11-28-2007, 05:25 PM

Spaz .... if I could count the number of times that I've come close to getting run over by the NYC cabs, you might understand what traffic is like here. And NJ isn't much better!

Quick Reply: Few Things in Life Are More Fun Than Driving!