Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

first time being pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default RE: first time being pulled over

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

ORIGINAL: superballz00
asked if I wanted to see my speed on the gun but kept telling me how it was completely optional. I said sure so he goes back to the car to get the gun and comes back only to tell me that he had already erased it
In MS that will get you out of a ticket if you take it to court. I don't know about Cal. That proves the cop did not radar you at all. Of course he was lying about erasing it. I would have stuck with the story that I was doign 65 and taken it to court.
One thing I've learned working in the insurance claims industry is that there is a fine line between cops and criminals, a very fine line. Many times that line is nonexistent.
Judges in Cali almost always go with what the cop says. Cops will just say that I was lying and the judge will belive him. Didn't want to risk the very high chance of that happening and see my insurance go way up. BTW will insurance raise the rates more for a driver who is 20 than a 25yr old?

Old 10-29-2007, 02:50 PM

Most insturance companies will charge a 20 year old more than a 25 year old because of what the statistics say.

I got pulled over 2 nights ago for a broken taillight, the cop just sighted me for no insurance (I didn't have my card on me at the time) so now I simply have to take it in to the courthouse and they drop the charge. The funny thing was, I had the spare bulb in my glove box, my left side went out one of the last times I drove the car and I bought a 2 pack, so I got pulled over with the replacement part sitting there, I even showed him that and he just kinda laughed. Veteran plates are an amazing thing to have, you actually get treated like a person.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Administrator

What can I say but ...quit speeding, quiet up your pipes and dont let the K-('s start sniffin yo car

WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 10-29-2007, 04:23 PM

and don't let any lights burn out....

Old 10-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

and don't drive while wearing a baseball cap ..... that's something they used to use for profiling up here.

My mother got pulled over while driving my first car ('89 Z24 Cavalier, electric blue w/ metalic gray ground effects and DIY tint). The cop told her that he pulled her over because she was driving a kid's car!

Old 10-29-2007, 06:15 PM

I thought they required lawfull reason to pull you over

Old 10-29-2007, 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: smaglik

what are your thoughts about WIM (weigh in motion)
I think its the best thing since sliced bread! That still doesnt stop a bored State Trooper from F'ing with you.

I thought they required lawfull reason to pull you over
Not when youre a commercial truck driver. They can pull you over in order to inspect the truck for safety. Now they cant go digging thru your truck looking thru your dirty drawers without probably cause but they can easily find a reason. Basically youre at their mercy.