Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Funny article that a honda hater wrote

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Funny article that a honda hater wrote

Does that make it "mod friendly" or just poorly engineered to begin with

just pickin for that DB comment earlier

Old 12-19-2007, 04:27 PM

Haha! Poorly engineered to begin withI guess. I have always wondered why stock cars didn't automatically come with intakes and good exhaust. Well I guess everyone that owns a Honda doesn't want it loud so that already answers my question.
The 87-93 mustangs came stock with headers (or at least the manifolds looked exactly like headers.) I think that is why companieslike BBK and Hooker offer shorty headers and equal length headers - they claim they flow better. i don't know about the newer mustangs though.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:56 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: klrspz

Does that make it "mod friendly" or just poorly engineered to begin with

just pickin for that DB comment earlier
LOL Very true!

Well in either case I think a v6 Stang and Gt should outperform a family sedan any day. Hence the pony car/muscle car term! hehe

Old 12-20-2007, 09:15 AM

V6 Mustang is FTL. They should not even make them!
You know, back in the 80's for like 2 years or so, Ford made a 4cyl mustang with a turbo (I think it was called the SVO - but don't quote me on that.) It made a little over 200hp I believe. if you ever find one on eBay it will be $$$$. They are collector's items now.

Edit: it was called the SVO and it was made from 84-86. 2.3 L i4. Turbocharged at 205 hp. Here's wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_SVO

Old 12-20-2007, 02:49 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

They sure didnt sell many of those things! Sounds like a horrible timing issue w/ the gas prices! But hey, if you have one you are one lucky sob!

I wouldnt mind havinga Dodge Spirit R/T. Talk about an ultimate sleeper car...ecspecially now! Those ran pretty well!
http://www.allpar.com/model/spiritrt.html

Old 12-20-2007, 03:25 PM

Both SVO and Spirit are butt ugly cars though. Eeewwww

Old 12-20-2007, 04:32 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I like the looks of the Spirits! At least ours (maybe cause ive grown up w/ it or and biased for Mopar[8D])! Its a v6 green w/ 170xxx miles on it and have only replaced the struts and a motor mount and we added a tranny cooler. Still has the original exhaust and runs like a Psycho!!!! The torque will rip your head off...seriously. The interior is blah though...

Old 12-20-2007, 11:24 PM

this guy really assumed way too much cause i don't recall hearing anyone with a stock accord saying they will beat some american v8.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:16 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

I never trust youtube videos. You never know what is accurate. Plus those were 04 or older Mustangs. A V6 accord may be able to hang with them. But I still say the mustang was either an automatic, or the driver didn't know what he was doing. Plus in the second video you can't even tell if it is a GT or a V6 mustang. Also the second video the Mustang driver may not have even been aware he was "racing."
There were plenty of times when I drove my Mustangs that someone would try to run me. I would usually humor them for a minute, but I would always slow down. Therefore they thought they "won" when I wasn't even trying.
Then if you want to talk about mods. Mustangs are WAAAYYY more mod friendly than any Honda. An intake added 10 hp to the Wheels on Horsepower TV. Dyno proven! Flowmaster mufflers only (not even a full cat back) added 12 wheel hp. Imagine what adding full cat back &headers would do. For the money you would spend modding the honda, you could spend the same on the mustang and blow the doors off the honda. Here I go again in one of my mustang rants. I'll shut up now[sm=icon_quiet.gif]
I surely agree with you about all this you put in here..100%

Old 12-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

I'll shut up now[sm=icon_quiet.gif]
I surely agree with you about all this you put in here..100%
LOL .... me too!!!!

Quick Reply: Funny article that a honda hater wrote