Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Have u guys seen this car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Default RE: Have u guys seen this car?

Eh, it's the closest you'll get to a F1 car, with naught but a Civic-sized engine in it. It's obviously not for everyday driving. It's a driver's car as they said on "Top Gear". Purely for fun.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

A) about as practical as any sports car, except this thing gets 32 mpg WITH the supercharger! I would drive it everywhere when its sunny. fun, economical, attention-*****-approved, and a chick magnet. (only because it costs so much)

B) Yes, all american versions use the honda K20 NOW, they used to use the ecotec, not anymore. Go to the website and click "build your own", then make a username and try to build one. The only engine options are the honda K20

C) I would imagine besides the fact they are so low, they are very safe. 4 or 6 point seat belts, roll bar, no shattering glass, very light so they bouce off stuff instead of being crushed, high-strength alloy frame... So what if your out in the open? the ambulance crew can get to you without using the jaws of life too. Plus the lack of windscreen usually forces you to wear a helmet (or goggles) so that improves your chances much more also.

Plus its got a boot!

Old 02-01-2008, 10:34 AM

That price is ridiculous. Anyone who has shop equipment like an engine lift and a garage could just buy a kit car from Factory Five racing and make their own similar vehicle for like 10 or 15k. And you can chose your own engine if you do that.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:38 AM

plenty of kit cars cheaper but they lack the "status" factor.... You could just as easily drive a hyundai or old daewoo and get the same performance as an accord but you wouldn't....

Old 02-01-2008, 11:13 AM

I think that thing looks like a kit car anyway though. The majority of the people that see you driving it will think it looks cheap anyway. Half of them will already think it is a kit car. Instead of saying "I bought this baby for $70,000!" and being laughed atif people realize it is merely abare framewith no luxuriesand a Honda engine;you could say "I made this car myself for $10,000and it will smoke your Corvette!"

Old 02-01-2008, 01:52 PM

the reason its expensive is the metals that they use in the frame, expensive to make, expensive to weld, but strong and light. if you make it yourself with steel it will weight as much as a honda too....

this thing is safe, strong, fast, and light. thats why its so expensive.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:08 PM

i dunno, i like it.... if I had the $$$ i'll get one... in P.R. doesn't rain that much and it's never cold so... very handy to go to the beach... and like nafango said, it's a chicks' magnet!
And it will smoke a bike! c'mon, it doesn't get better than that!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:32 AM

wasnt the first thing they said about it was it had the engine out of a honda civic si supercharged? where are u guys hearing ecotech?

Old 02-03-2008, 11:24 AM

that the UK version, the US version used the ecotec for awile.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:34 AM

to bad for the us guys then

Quick Reply: Have u guys seen this car?