Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Have you guys seen these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Default RE: Have you guys seen these?

ORIGINAL: marbro
as for marriage, america and that piece of paper made marriage worthless cause theres no longer any value in it cause the piece of paper doesnt make it permanent, the beliefs of the two that join in the the union of marriage are what make it have value, unless those 2 people are idiots then it will probably fail and fall back to ripping up the piece of paper.... people stopped placing value in feelings and belief and placed more value in a meaningless piece of paper which divides material assets and behind itall.... ANGRY SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!
I AGREE 100% WITH THIS STATEMENT!!

Old 12-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

dude, why do you think they dont like it when its said! that means they dont get your stuff in the laws eye!

but i think its awesome that you think angry squirrels are all behind it ^_^

Old 12-06-2007, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro

I DONT AGREE WITH THAT!!!!!! ^_^ i can easily say that the christian religions dont get a say in anything cause its a belief system that hasnt even existed for 2000 years, and theres a lot of religions that have existed for a lot longer then 2000 years.....
If you agree with the Bible and that God created the world in 7 days, not evolution, technically "Christianity" has been in existence since the dawn of time. Only the "Christians" were Jews before Christ came. Then the Jews killed Christ because they didn't believe he was the Son of God, they thought he was an imposter. The Jews are still awaiting the coming of the Messiah, and the Christians beleive Christ was the Messiah.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:39 PM

You get tax breaks for that piece of paper though. And it is not a PITA to list your wife as your benificiary on your life insurance policy. When you die, your wife gets control of your assets (instead ofgod knows who if you die without a will)cause you're married. Your kids don't get embarrased when other kids ask them why their mom and dad have different last names, etc...

Old 12-06-2007, 02:43 PM

I believe that marriage is to benefit the kids. That's it! Otherwise, the marriage laws are extremely sexist.

If you treat your wife like gold and buy her all sorts of stuff, she is entitled to keep her "lifestyle" if you get divorced. This means that afterward, she can take more of your earnings than you get, without children!

Since I don't want kids for about 5 years, marriage isn't for me right now and even then you can bet your @$$ that I'll have a pre-nup.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:45 PM

thats the problem believing that the world was created in 7 days.... when on the 7th day there was rest..... so technically 6days, but anyways that concept goes based on the believe that those "days" were the same as our days and only went a 24 span..... which 7 days could have also been 100000 years per day, which makes it more interesting when the views of those people who wrote the bible and were alive 2000 years ago.... had a life span of only 35 years give or take and this is also ignoring the fact that the bible was writing 13+ generations after what actually happened, but i guess they should be given props, they didnt pull their religious beliefs out of a had like mormons do

Old 12-06-2007, 02:53 PM

Here's a good one to ponder ..... if he made the world in 6 working days, did he get paid overtime for the extra day?

Even better, if the world was being created, what measures a day?

Did he create all of the other worlds that we can't get to in that same week?

If those other planets spin slower, did they get created in less than 6 days or were they made in the span of that planet's 6 days?

marbro, please remove the last comment.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

Since I don't want kids for about 5 years, marriage isn't for me right now and even then you can bet your @$$ that I'll have a pre-nup.
I always said that until I got married. Pre-nups are only good if you actually have something you don't ever want her to have, like a business or an inheritance or wad of cash. It does NOTHING to protect future assests/income or even alimony for that matter (unless as stated you have a business....). I had a couple of cars and a few hundred in the bank, there was nothing I needed to protect...

As for the piece of paper, the argument I was trying to make was that we were already common law married (applies in the state of MT), so I was already getting all the benefits, tax breaks, etc. the paper wasn't needed to keep our son from being considered a "bastard child" since we didn't have the piece of paper. I ended up losing anyway, what do I care if we have that paper or just a bond between us, we got married (as you all well know) and it was prior to the birth of our son...

Old 12-06-2007, 03:21 PM

Marbro and Falkore those are excellent arguments and are enough to cause anyone to think hard about it. I too have pondered the 7 day issue(6 days, I actually was going to include that in my earlier post but I decided to take it out). I guess I have always thought the earth has probably always spun at the same speed, so a day = when the sun rises again after the last time. But who really knows?

sir_nasty: do you know how long you have to be together to be considered "common law" married in South Carolina?
.........drum roll please..........
one night. That was told to me by a former South Carolina insurance adjuster who has to deal with common law marriage issues after an auto accident - thewife can collect from herhusband's insurance policy as an "insured", then when thepolicy limits are exhausted for med pay, the wife canturn around and "sue" the husband for any other bills up to the limit of insurance on the liability portion of the policy and insurance will pay for it. That's an example of insurance adjusters finding ways to give people money instead of trying to deny it. We good adjusters do that.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:23 PM

nasty, women DREAM of their wedding day since they are a young girl. They even practice it and crap. Do you think they would give that up? You must not have had any sisters close to your age.

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen these?