Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Have you guys seen these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Have you guys seen these?

Nasty: I do have a business for starters and also, I realize that common gains get split up like joint bank accounts, however the rest all depends on the wording and considering that my best friend's father is my lawyer and has been involved in thousands of these suits, I think I'll be pretty safe .... not to mention that I have 2 personal and a business accout on my own! Eventually, when the time comes, I probably will have a joint account, but it'll mainly be for me to give the woman some money to live on and to buy things that we need .... not the bulk of my income.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:22 PM

Haha good luck trying to convincea womantosign a prenup. Any woman would take that as an severeinsult, andthat you didn't think the marriage would last. Then she would decide you really didn't love her, then she'd probably leave you.
Then you're back to square 1. The process will repeat untill you either (a) find a woman who is already rich and wants a pre-nup anyway, or (b) decide not to make the next woman sign one.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:25 PM

my parents just dont have a joint bank account. thats how they keep their money seperate. as far as assets, well neither of my parents really care about cars, but each of them have their own cars, and we have 2 houses (well 1 house and 1 condo) so each would have one of those.

and yes, they do. imo thats ONE of the reasons so many peoples marrages fail nowdays. (up to 50% i hear) is because women are so eager to get married, thyll do it (marrage...) with just about anyone thyve been dating for awile.

imo before you get married you should live together for at least a couple months, just to make sure you can stand being around each other 24/7.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:37 PM

Actually, the concept of Christianity is only ~2000 yrs old... "GOD" is what is supposed to have been around from the "dawn of time" as you put it. It was the advent of Jesus Christ that brought Christianity to the eyes of Jews and Romans.

Also, the 7th day is a figurative speech. Throughout the entire bible, the number 7 is used to explicate the reference of a hyperbole in that it's larger than you expect. For example, "77 times 7". To be fair, he created the Earth in 6 days, and declared the 7th day for Sabbath and worship. There is later mentioning in the bible to have an "Eternal Sabbath" on the 8th day where the earth is restored and man is revoked of his sins.

I have the same theological outlay in that I don't believe in ANY religion, just primarily due to the fact that there's so many of them. How do you know which is right? Because of this, I feel they are all wrong. Or all right... Many religions believe in the same morals and values, but have minor nuances like "who is really the messiah".. then you have the terrorist religions that are just f-d up.

as for a prenum, yeah.. good luck with that.. you'd be better off hiding your money in an off-shore bank account.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:39 PM

My wife had no issues with the prospect of signing a pre-nup. It's a circular argument, (speaking in general now...) Men say we should have one just in case women say it's because we're planning on breaking up. So you counter with "if we're never breaking up who cares if we sign one or not, it's important to me so why not?" and they say "yep you're right it doesn't matter if we never break up so why sign one?".....

For you Falkore I'd have one signed, for me, I had nothing worth taking, she couldn't drive a stick so my 94 accord was worthless to her and she had an 05 VW Jetta, we were both in debt about the same so there was just no point. For you, I wouldn't get married without one either.

And that 1 day thing is nuts!

Old 12-06-2007, 04:41 PM

I once read an article where this guy didn't have a prenup, so to stop his wife from taking everything, he gambled like 6 million dollars in a day, and forcefully lost it all.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: klrspz

I have the same theological outlay in that I don't believe in ANY religion, just primarily due to the fact that there's so many of them. How do you know which is right? Because of this, I feel they are all wrong. Or all right...
This brings up an interesting point that I HAVE to comment on because it's fun to ponder (for me anyway). Let's use Christianity and ONE form of Wicca (often called witchcraft). Now in both of these religons there is one god (yes most forms of wicca recognize a god and a goddess but not all, I'm referancing the ones that recognize a god only for sake of argument), who is to say that just becuase one religon recognizes their higher deity by a different name that they are not in fact worshiping the same person? For example, If I decide that I want to refer to the god as Bob and I worship them as "bob" then am I infact worshiping someone else? Or is it still god that I am praying to.... What's in a Name? Is it in the mention of a higher power of pure good that you are calling to god or do you have to use a specific terminology? Is it in act or in the name? If it is in the act then who's to say that all religons who recognize one purely good source as their higher power are not all in fact worshiping the same person?

Old 12-06-2007, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

None the less, some people could equate belief in god to my belief in global warming. If you don't believe in him and you're wrong then you go to hell. If you don't believe in him and your'e right then whatever happens will happen anyway. If you do believe and you're right then you go to heaven. If you do believe and you're wrong then whatever happens will happen anyway. So why not believe, you've got nothing to loose and everything to gain. (not preaching just sharing my opinion)
That whole got nothing to lose idea is too hasty an argument. I took a christian ethics class in college and in class we discussed the idea of the "anonymous christian". May have all the morals of a christian but doesn't necessarily believe in god. What's the point of a person being a "good" christian if they are horrible people and are missing the essence of what being a good christian is? Then that's where the whole "got nothing to lose" idea comes about...might as well believe, just in case....Shouldn't believe just b/c you don't know. I'm sure you believe b/c you have faith and not that "got nothing to lose" idea, sir nasty. Not trying to knock your faith. It just bothers me when people are religious just b/c they are scared of what might happen in the afterlife and not b/c they have faith. And let's say god is the god of the christians, who are we to say that a person who is an "anonymous christian" is going to hell?

Old 12-06-2007, 07:28 PM

christianity just doesnt make sense to me.

this "god" gives us rules to live by, and if we do not follow them, we are sent to the worst place imaginable where we will be burned and tortured for the rest of eternity. but he loves us.

just seems fishy.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:44 PM

The whole idea of some guy watching me everyday creeps the f"k outa me. If I saw him like once in my life I'd be okay, but I'm afraid we've never been properly introduced.

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen these?