Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Have you guys seen these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Default RE: Have you guys seen these?

ORIGINAL: nafango2
but he loves us.
I don't believe God loves everybody.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Well damn ..... I guess I'm going to hell then .... oh yeah ..... Judism doesn't have a hell, so I guess I'm ok then.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:40 AM

I edited my last post.I justrealized it could be taken as offensive to some. Sorry about that.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:12 AM

christianity just doesnt make sense to me.

this "god" gives us rules to live by, and if we do not follow them, we are sent to the worst place imaginable where we will be burned and tortured for the rest of eternity. but he loves us.

just seems fishy.
I could quote the bible on this one but I'll keep it more simple. In the basic essence of christianity, according to the bible, whoever believes in him will go to heaven. (yes there is a little more to it than that but that's the meat of it...) The passage I would quote to back that is John 3:16 for anyone who's curious.

And, you can love someone, offer them a hand, do everything to help them but you can't keep a needle out of their arm if that's what they want to do.

Point to Ponder for the day: Biblically speaking which is worse, a murderer or someone who looks lustfully after another person?

Old 12-07-2007, 11:14 AM

General rule of thumb, if you fear god, change to a religion that benefits your situation the most..... whats that? you killed a crap load of people? well change your religion that defines what you did as a holy cause and you will be saved. Some of the more pure beliefs dont involve the idea of one god, but most ignorance defines those beliefs as paganrituals then someone goes omg pagan! and defines you a devil worshiper. But all the mainstream religions promote tolerance but are intolerant of other belief systems. You have a thousand different religions all saying you will be saved if you believe in out system and every other belief system becomes wrong. At what point do the facts not point to religions just being fanatical cults? Lets rush to a worldwide heavens gate! it will be fun!

Old 12-07-2007, 11:17 AM

Religons are cults, the difference between a religon and a cult is basically the number of followers. Just like a mob vs. army. The only reason the army isn't just called a big mob is because they have lots of people (and don't tell me that organization makes the difference....)

Old 12-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Almost A Senior Member

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

Religons are cults, the difference between a religon and a cult is basically the number of followers. Just like a mob vs. army. The only reason the army isn't just called a big mob is because they have lots of people (and don't tell me that organization makes the difference....)
[sm=exactly.gif]

damn, i missed alot

Old 12-07-2007, 11:55 AM

The passage I would quote to back that is John 3:16 for anyone who's curious.
For god so loved that world, that he gave his one and only son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
All from memory.

Note that is from the new testament. Based on the new testament, you need 3 things to "get in" to heaven. A) Accept god as your one and only savior B) Admit that you have sinned C)i dont remember, but i know there is a 3rd, and its definetly something pretty minor...

and yet, according to the old testament, what i said is true^.

It just doesnt add up to me.

if you put yourselves in the shoes of someone who has just been intruduced to the bible, it looks more like a method of social control than a religion. Dont get me wrong, religion is accomplishing good things (for the most part) but centuries ago it was a method of social control to keep people in line. Not saying it is, or that it was, thats just what it seems like.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:19 PM

The passage I would quote to back that is John 3:16 for anyone who's curious.
Dont get me wrong, religion is accomplishing good things (for the most part) but centuries ago it was a method of social control to keep people in line. Not saying it is, or that it was, thats just what it seems like.
Keeping in mind that I consider myself a christian I can't help but point out that the majority of wars have started over either religon or social beliefs. And social beliefs (as pointed out) are based largely on religon.

I do think that religon is good and has done a lot of positive things, but it's also caused a LOT of death...

Nafango2: As you've pointed out the bible has areas throughout it that tend to contradict itself, I struggle with understanding that and I agree it does make things difficult but that's where I think faith comes in...

Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 PM

Also, a bit more on par with the origonal topic. I pulled the covers off my lights the day before yesterday to find out that they had installed 100W lightbulbs (2 per fixture) in my kitchen. I have two identical light fixtures in there so I swapped one of them out with the energy saving CFL (Compact Florescent Lights) rated at 60w and left the other with the 100W bulbs. The CFL's were brighter! Not to mention that the pair of them use roughly 26W, vs. 200W per fixture. I'm changing out every one in my house. I found that lowes is the cheapest place to buy the CFL's, you can get a 6 pack for around $10

HIGHLY recommend this to everyone

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen these?