Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Have you guys seen these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Default RE: Have you guys seen these?

http://www.los-gatos.ca.us/davidbu/pedgen.html

Old 12-07-2007, 12:54 PM

that's awesome...

Old 12-07-2007, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I could quote the bible on this one but I'll keep it more simple. In the basic essence of christianity, according to the bible, whoever believes in him will go to heaven. (yes there is a little more to it than that but that's the meat of it...) The passage I would quote to back that is John 3:16 for anyone who's curious.

And, you can love someone, offer them a hand, do everything to help them but you can't keep a needle out of their arm if that's what they want to do.

Point to Ponder for the day: Biblically speaking which is worse, a murderer or someone who looks lustfully after another person?

So does tha mean people on death row are going to heaven since all a sudden they find jesus? How about people on their death beds or who are in a situation where they may die? What about james 2:14-17...shows faith itself is not enough. BTW on in n' out cups 3:16 is put on the bottom of it. Just an interesting fact.

"Point to Ponder for the day: Biblically speaking which is worse, a murderer or someone who looks lustfully after another person?"

In one of my classes we read, I believe it was Thomas Aquinas, and he basically said that masturbating was worse than murder.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

religion IS a form of control, people realized how bad it was which is why religion and the state were decided to be two separate entities,the dark ages is the biggest example.

and yeah cfl's are awesome i had 2 - 24w ones in my room for over 4 years, and one just finally died average use 5hours a day

anything defined as sin is equally punishable when it comes to religion

Old 12-07-2007, 01:48 PM

from my interpitation of the bible I believe it is possible for a person on death row to go to heaven. Also, I believe that as you stated there is more to it than simply believing in christ (as stated)...

You also stated that in one of your classes it was said that one sin outweighs another. Not disagreeing with you but I've been over this point a few times and can't seem to find a referance where it leverages one sin above another (with the exception being a passage in the old testament that lists a few sins that are EXTREMELY wrong... can't recall the referance)

Old 12-07-2007, 02:15 PM

I agree with sir_nasty ^

Old 12-07-2007, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

You also stated that in one of your classes it was said that one sin outweighs another. Not disagreeing with you but I've been over this point a few times and can't seem to find a referance where it leverages one sin above another (with the exception being a passage in the old testament that lists a few sins that are EXTREMELY wrong... can't recall the referance)
No, the class did not say masturbation outweighs murder....my bad if I didn't make that clear. But when we read thomas aquinas' works, thats what one would gather from his works....his interpretation.

At work they turned off the lights to the vending machines to save money. I guess throughout the company its gonna saving millions a year in electricity.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:20 PM

it would make sense that turning off a few lights for a large company would save some major dough. I found a site the other day that had a resistor calculator and wiring diagrams for different LED lights, I considered making my own bulbs until I realized I would need a LOT of them and it'd take me hours on end to build it.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:20 PM

Lmao. I was going to say something about the car. Then I was going to say how those of you who use the mini fluorescent bulbs need to dispose of them properly, just like regular sized fluorescent bulbs. Then it switched to marriage, now religion... Jebus.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

SAVE ME JEBUS!

lol simpsons ftw.

yea i vote we all get off the whole religion topic. Theres never any convincing anyone anything as far as religion is concened. Everyone has their own views, and noone ever changes them.

So how bout them packers?

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen these?