Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Have you guys seen these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Default RE: Have you guys seen these?

I can't beleive Favre is doing so good. After last season, I was like "Dude, put yourself out of your own misery and retire already!" Boy was I wrong. Now he'sgonna set some records it'll take Brady and P Manning a while to beat!

Old 12-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

from what i saw, it was never farve that sucked, it was the recivers that sucked. If you have noone to throw to, noone will catch it!

the pack improved their offensive linup quite a bit.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: nafango2

yea i vote we all get off the whole religion topic. Theres never any convincing anyone anything as far as religion is concened. Everyone has their own views, and noone ever changes them.

That's what I love about this forum. We can all disagree on a hot subject and not name call and still have a respectful discussion.

Whenever I hear/read the name brett favre I always think of the movie there's something about mary. Brett Farvra ahaha.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:04 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

How about them Packers.....How about dem Bears?!?! Oh right....they were good last year. I guess Ill have to wait another year to be shouting DA BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 AM

LOL .... this thread is awesome?!? A perfect example of what happens on HAF when the title is meaningless!!!! As far as the CFL's go, on average they put out 4 times the light for the wattage, so a 26W CFL will be a bit brighter than a 100W incandescant, but it will be a colder (bluer) light spectrum. I'm not sure if there are dimmable CFL's, but dimmable flourescant tubes are starting to gain popularity. Dimming any lights that don't need to be at full power is another great way to save energy. For incandescants it's as simple as installing a dimmer switch. For flourescants, it's a bit trickier.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:38 PM

my cfl's actually put out a very nice white light, I was quite impressed!

Old 12-10-2007, 06:43 PM

weve been using CFLs in our basement for as long as i can remember.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:30 AM

That's true, CFL's do put out a very white light usually .... I'm saying that it is a bluer light as compared to the yellow incandescant that it is replacing. There are more and more color corrected bulbs on the market, similar to my high beam bulbs that are 4100K with a blue coating to result in a 5000k output.

A favorite of mine is the Lutron Icetron. It uses electromagnets in place of the metal contacts on the end of normal tubes. It is a square-shaped, continuous tube and it will last for 12 years lit continuously! The main principle behind this is that the electrodes cause failure via oxidation.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:00 PM

hey thats the kind we have! and serously, its been there for at least 8 years, if not longer. no joke.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24
.................................................. ....
It is a square-shaped, continuous tube and it will last for 12 years lit continuously!......................
Wow! With enough advances in technology, it's just possible that someday maybe someone will be able to make a light bulb that is as reliable as this one:
http://www.centennialbulb.org/
(Notice the video camera pointed at the bulb. I wonder, which do you think will live longer - the bulb or the camera?)
Name:  bulb.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  23.3 KB

And wouldn't it be quite remarkable if, when the bulb finally does give up its ancient ghost, modern-day bulb "experts" are able to "discover" the secret to immortal bulbs - a "secret" that was at one timewell-understood bypeoplewhoare likelynow pushing up daisies?(Or maybe they just lucked out with this particularbulb.)

106years in service, 4 watts and no mercury?That's mind-boggling.

Maybe for the sake of the future of the planet, the bulb should be taken out of serviceimmediatelyand very carefullydismantled, so that modern-day scientists canreplicate this treasure.

Do you think that's a good idea? (Whoever does it will definitely have only one kick at the cat, sothey'dbetter notfock it up, right? Maybesuch anvitally importantjob should be performed by areputable Government agency -you know,the DOE, NRC, CIA, or, better still, NASA. If they're not up to the task, I'm sure that Halliburton would be willing togive it a shot.....for a price.)

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen these?