Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Have you guys seen these?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Have you guys seen these?

actually it was burned down twice.

next election is this november, but the primaries are going on now.

whens the next election for queen?

Old 01-18-2008, 03:25 AM

ORIGINAL: nafango2

actually it was burned down twice.

next election is this november, but the primaries are going on now.

whens the next election for queen?
Think about this carefully. You have a politician as Head of State with an awful lot of power and no checks on sanity or behaviour. We have a constitutional monarch with no power at all cos we took it all away centuries ago but she has big time influence and if we were to fight the Civil War all over again, most little people like me would support the Queen rather than scum-bag politicos.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:45 AM

you do realize the very fundamentals of out government were designed specifically to incorporate as many checks and balances as possible? there are dozens. Problem is that things like the "patriot act" interfere with them.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:04 PM

Our government is not perfect by any means and has many flaws and exploited loopholes, but underneath it all it is still a demcratic republic run by the people for the people with it's main focus on life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Hate all you want, I hate this country some times, but I wouldn't trade it for any other on this planet.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: finch13

Our government is not perfect by any means and has many flaws and exploited loopholes, but underneath it all it is still a demcratic republic run by the people for the people with it's main focus on life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Hate all you want, I hate this country some times, but I wouldn't trade it for any other on this planet.
Catagorically, I do not hate USA. But I reserve the right to take the "mick" out of any government including my own. That's called Freedom of Speech. It is everybodies civic duty to make politicians lives hell on earth.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: academic

Catagorically, I do not hate USA. But I reserve the right to take the "mick" out of any government including my own. That's called Freedom of Speech. It is everybodies civic duty to make politicians lives hell on earth.
I always thought it was a politicians civic duty to make our lives hell on earth...at their profit.

Catagorically... that's just like alphabatize isn't it?

Old 01-18-2008, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: academic

I always thought it was a politicians civic duty to make our lives hell on earth...at their profit.

Catagorically... that's just like alphabatize isn't it?

Thats where we all went wrong in allowing these wasters to do that. Always make them pay at the ballot box.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: nafango2

you do realize the very fundamentals of out government were designed specifically to incorporate as many checks and balances as possible? there are dozens. Problem is that things like the "patriot act" interfere with them.
Dont know what Patriot Act is. UK govt has multiple checks and balances in place and manages to subvert the lot. The answer they give is always "Lessons will be learnt", they never are.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:53 PM

Patriot act in short form:

http://www.legal-definitions.com/civ...FQlxOAod01BNFg

Old 01-18-2008, 09:19 PM

so.... how many times has the topic changed in this thread? ^_^

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen these?