Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Have you guys seen these?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Default RE: Have you guys seen these?

ORIGINAL: falkore24

This is kinda similar to how our government outlawed marijuana to protect the cotton industry, but they say it was done as a health concern. Who does the sugar tax help?
I agree with you here.
But I still think oil is the cheapest to refine. Meaning until we can find a cheaper way to refine corn or sugar, nobody is going to want to pay $0.50 more per gallon becasue people tell them they are "helping the environment." I think the government pays environmentalists to fill the gullible public's heads with propaganda and convince them that we are destroying the earth simply by repetition. if you repeat something to someone enough times, they will believe it is the truth.Isincerely believe"global warming" is a crock cooked up by the government paid environmentalists and peddled to anyone gullible enough to believe it. Teh nobel prize has now been tainted by the likes of "the guy who created the internet" Al Gore. Did you guys hear that they tried to give the Nobel prize to a scientistrecently but he rejected it becasue they gave it to Al Gore and he now thinks it is a joke?

Old 11-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Almost A Senior Member

I have to disagree, Global Warming is happening. Look at our Icecaps, or what is left of them....If theice melts and releases huge amounts of nearly freezing water into the oceans. It will have catastrophic effects on every continent....its kinda like a teeter-totter. When the water temp gets below a certain degree it starts a chain reaction of events that cant be undone by nature for several thousand years....the oceans effect our climate and this should not be taken lightly...

If anything, the propaganda you speak of filling the gullible is FEAR MONGERING.....we need to either live with the fact that we may havea terrorist attack anywhere in our country, OR be forced to live in a country which is slowly taking away our freedoms and liberites....(ie. 1984 byGeorge Orwell, and the PatriotAct) This "great" landof freedom is slowly being turned into aTotalitarian Society.

BIg Brother is Watching You.......but who is watching him???? IS this not acountry builtupon the idea...GovernementOF THE PEOPLE, BY THEPEOPLE, and FOR THE PEOPLE????????

Old 11-30-2007, 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: bssmagik83

I have to disagree, Global Warming is happening. Look at our Icecaps, or what is left of them....If theice melts and releases huge amounts of nearly freezing water into the oceans. It will have catastrophic effects on every continent....its kinda like a teeter-totter. When the water temp gets below a certain degree it starts a chain reaction of events that cant be undone by nature for several thousand years....the oceans effect our climate and this should not be taken lightly...
We could argue about this to no end. How about we "agree to disagree"? haha! I know I am one of the few that do not believe in global warming.
I will point out one thast thing though. The ice down on the south pole (around Antarctica) is at it's HIGHEST LEVEL EVER. If the entireplanet was really getting warmer, then why is the iceonthe south pole not melting as well? Global Warmingsupporters hate it when people point out this fact.
Also I thought all of the environmentalistssaid there was a hole in the ozone above Antarctica. Why don't all of the penguins have sunburn and why doesn't the ice melt? Inscience class in school the books always called the ozone layer an "imaginary layer." How can you have a hole in something that is imaginary? Why do the space shuttles not poke holes in it when NASA launches them into outer space? On a more "personal experience" note, this summer in Mississippi it felt like the hottest summer ever, however the records never showed a record high temperature. All of the record high temperatures were back in the early 1900's!It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see my point....

Old 11-30-2007, 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: bssmagik83

If anything, the propaganda you speak of filling the gullible is FEAR MONGERING.....we need to either live with the fact that we may havea terrorist attack anywhere in our country, OR be forced to live in a country which is slowly taking away our freedoms and liberites....(ie. 1984 byGeorge Orwell, and the PatriotAct) This "great" landof freedom is slowly being turned into aTotalitarian Society.

BIg Brother is Watching You.......but who is watching him???? IS this not acountry builtupon the idea...GovernementOF THE PEOPLE, BY THEPEOPLE, and FOR THE PEOPLE????????
I agree with you 1000% here.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

I agree with you here.
But I still think oil is the cheapest to refine. Meaning until we can find a cheaper way to refine corn or sugar, nobody is going to want to pay $0.50 more per gallon becasue people tell them they are "helping the environment."
The thing is that if the nautral sources were used for the proper fuels, they'd be way cheaper. Pressing corn for oil is pretty simple while distilling it for ethanol is expensive and inefficient. The problem here is the usage of our crops. We have more farmland than anyone and the government is paying farmers to not grow corn b/c there's too much! For ethanol, sugar conversion through distilation is fairly cheap, but we need the imported sugar for it to work! Corn just doesn't have enough sugar in it to be a good source for ethanol production.

Wat has happened here is that the government took good ideas and twisted them together so they don't work in an effort to promote the oil industry. ..... let's not forget the USS Condoleezza or how after we took Iraq's ports that you didn't hear anything for 2 weeks while the Bush regime raided their oil (before we took Bagdad)!

Old 11-30-2007, 10:58 AM

Biodeisel = slow car.
I like my gasoline engine!
I do agree with you though Falkore. I never understood why they needed to add ethanol to the equation. And I know for a fact that the government pays farmers not to grow corn. I have seen those deisel cars that run off of recycled vegetable oil.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

Biodeisel = slow car.
Only because they won't develop them.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:32 AM

You are right. I saw 2 sick diesel trucks on Pinks one time.
Doesn't diesel burn a lot dirtier than gas though? Shouldn't the environmentalists hate it?

Old 11-30-2007, 11:37 AM

Oil deisel, because of the by-produucts, but natural fuel isn't too dirty..... it makes soot, but that is a similar soot to a paper fire.

The problem is the deisel regulations that are going to make deisels not allowed here. They go by ppm effluent rather than what's in it. This lumps bio-deisel with standard deisel, so they can keep them from hitting the market here. Again, this is an intentional government scheme to keep this country dependant on oil.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:21 PM

For those who already burn natural gas in their furnaces, fill your car with CNG at home:
http://www.myphill.com/

Anyone curious about the causes of apparently never-ending warshould listen to, and read along with, PresidentDwight Eisenhower's entirefarewell address to the nation onJan 17, 1961:
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/spee...rfarewell.html
(Onthat site there are links to video and mp3 audio of the address, as well as a verbatim transcript that can be read as the audio is heard.)
Again, I highly recommend taking the time to listen to and read that address.

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen these?