Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Have you guys seen these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Have you guys seen these?

common misconception, that god is a he ^_- and you would also be contradicting every belief that god gave humans free will.... your view is that were all god's lemmings is highly unlikely, god created something and stepped back, no different the giving a monkey a hand grenade, logic says somethings going to happen and its not going to be pretty

Old 12-06-2007, 02:02 PM

Okay, I was going to keep my mouth shut but I have to comment... I believe in free will, in so far as we have the ability to choose what we want, I believe conversely that god knows what we are going to do. The argument has come up a 1000 times that how can he know what we are going to do if it's our decision? The answer for that is simple: Knowledge of something about to happen doesn't determine interferance, for example, if you know that someone is about to fire a gun and they will hit a target you know that in the future (after they fire) there will be a hole in the target. It wasn't your decision for that to be formed but you know that it will happen because you understand how a bullet affects paper. God understands how things affect us and understands us, therefore he can know what is going to happen without making us do it.

Not arguing with you 00Accord, just providing a seperate perspective.

None the less, some people could equate belief in god to my belief in global warming. If you don't believe in him and you're wrong then you go to hell. If you don't believe in him and your'e right then whatever happens will happen anyway. If you do believe and you're right then you go to heaven. If you do believe and you're wrong then whatever happens will happen anyway. So why not believe, you've got nothing to loose and everything to gain. (not preaching just sharing my opinion)

Old 12-06-2007, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro

you would also be contradicting every belief that god gave humans free will....
Exactly. I don't believe he did. I use "He"because the Bible refers to Him as He. Andit says He created man in His image, then He created woman.

Who is to say what is "likely" or "unlikely"? Just becasue the masses believe in one thing doesn't make it any more "likely" than something else.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:09 PM

sirnasty, a lot of people are simple minded, and it doesnt take god to know what a simple minded person will do next, ie monkey with hand grenade ^_^

lx5spd i said unlikely simply because people do a lot of retarded things and if god is so bored that he makes his lemmings do retarded things it becomes transference at that point, basically im saying your view means god is essentially a retard ^_^

Old 12-06-2007, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I believe in free will, in so far as we have the ability to choose what we want, I believe conversely that god knows what we are going to do. The argument has come up a 1000 times that how can he know what we are going to do if it's our decision? The answer for that is simple: Knowledge of something about to happen doesn't determine interferance, for example, if you know that someone is about to fire a gun and they will hit a target you know that in the future (after they fire) there will be a hole in the target. It wasn't your decision for that to be formed but you know that it will happen because you understand how a bullet affects paper. God understands how things affect us and understands us, therefore he can know what is going to happen without making us do it.
I was wondering when you were going to say something! And I am glad you finally did.
This is the classic "predestination argument" if you will. I do not think there is anything wrong with this opinion at all. This is what my wife believes. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe she is wrong. Nobody knows. The only way we will know for sure is when we die anyway. This will be interesting whenour baby grows up and asks us and we tell her different things.
My wife doesstart wondering thoughwhen I tell her to look at the reference section of her Bible and look at the passages about "predestination."

OK I am through with my religious rant. Sorry if I offended anyone[8D].

Old 12-06-2007, 02:13 PM

On the referance of god as He, refering to god as He is done (I.E. Father was used) and Jesus is a he, however if you are to refer to the tri-union he wouldn't fit. Not that it really matters but a statement none the less...

00Accord: do you believe he makes us do everything we are doing as part of a master plan? Are we puppets or am I misunderstanding your referance/terminology?

Old 12-06-2007, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

00Accord: do you believe he makes us do everything we are doing as part of a master plan? Are we puppets or am I misunderstanding your referance/terminology?
Yes. I believe 100% that we are puppets of the master plan.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:18 PM

Interesting theory, I've got plenty of my own that people don't agree with and there is no way to prove or disprove anything so I gladly accept that we don't agree *L*

My theory of marriage and "that piece of paper" being pointless got me into PLENTY of arguments about it with my wife....

Old 12-06-2007, 02:27 PM

I DONT AGREE WITH THAT!!!!!! ^_^ i can easily say that the christian religions dont get a say in anything cause its a belief system that hasnt even existed for 2000 years, and theres a lot of religions that have existed for a lot longer then 2000 years.....

as for marriage, america and that piece of paper made marriage worthless cause theres no longer any value in it cause the piece of paper doesnt make it permanent, the beliefs of the two that join in the the union of marriage are what make it have value, unless those 2 people are idiots then it will probably fail and fall back to ripping up the piece of paper.... people stopped placing value in feelings and belief and placed more value in a meaningless piece of paper which divides material assets and behind itall.... ANGRY SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro
as for marriage, america and that piece of paper made marriage worthless cause theres no longer any value in it cause the piece of paper doesnt make it permanent, the beliefs of the two that join in the the union of marriage are what make it have value, unless those 2 people are idiots then it will probably fail and fall back to ripping up the piece of paper.... people stopped placing value in feelings and belief and placed more value in a meaningless piece of paper which divides material assets and behind itall.... ANGRY SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!
That's the point I kept trying to tell my wife. Women don't like to hear that though, they need the tangible piece of paper.

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen these?