Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

I hate credit cards!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Default RE: I hate credit cards!

I wasn't trying to attack. I was just saying that credit, although it may be unfair, just makes it easier for people loaning money since they don't know people individually and probably go through hundrdes if not thousands of applications a day.

And I know he said he said, "I don't really worry too much about my credit score after I have already bought a house.". I was just showing a reason to worry, or maybe not so much worry but keep tabs on and keeping the score up. Never know when a reason to take out a loan will come around eg. refinancing a home or a unanticipated medical bill.

Also, where I work I deal with a lot of fraud so I know how important it is to worry. I guess I just worry more than other since I see fraud so much and peoples credit scores more than likely being messed up. Sorry if I came off rude, because that was not my intent. I just feel credit is so important. It has the potential to save people or cost people thousands of dollars. I'm just giving people other things to think about too like 00

Old 10-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

What I meant is that he mentioned the absence of bad reports. For people with bad credit, they need to be mindfull of these things. If you already have good credit and don't screw it up, it will stay good, thus you don't need to worry.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

If you already have good credit and don't screw it up, it will stay good, thus you don't need to worry.
Maybe the person with good credit won't screw it up, but that doesn't mean someone else won't screw it up for ya.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:08 PM

Devil's advocate?

Old 10-08-2007, 07:02 PM

Nah, just really paranoid about fraud/identity theft.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:39 PM

What about people like me with no credit?

Old 10-08-2007, 09:04 PM

its not as bad as having bad credit, but it is not good. you are an unknown risk.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: falkore24

I'd imagine that you could. Why not get rid of one card? It's not good to apply to too many cards .... including store and gas cards. To the credit companies, it makes you look desparate for money, aka- a risk to them. Also, every credit check to get these cards lowers your score a few points. This does not apply to debit cards.
*This is a true statement here, my banker told me the same as Falkore 24 is telling you..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 10-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Having too many credit cards was explained to me like this...

Say you're applying for a mortage or something. You have 2 credit cards that you regularly use, & have a good record.

But you have (hypothetically) 3 more credit cards with large credit limits that you 'never' use. You keep them for emergency use only.

The bank has to evaluate your risk, and they do the math to see what TOTAL amount of credit you can afford. The large credit limits of those 3 'emergency' cards can work against you. As far as the new lender is concerned, you are capable of going shopping tomorrow and running those cards right up to their limits. Nothing to stop you from doing that except your own common sense.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:00 AM

If any of you have a chance, look at the book Scam Proof your life

http://www.amazon.com/Scam-Proof-You...991&sr=8-1

It goes into detail how your fico score works, how not get get taken advantage of by credit card companies and how to prevent fraud. Has a bunch of other really good informations too.

Quick Reply: I hate credit cards!