Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

I hate credit cards!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Default RE: I hate credit cards!

I just try not to worry about things in general. It's not going to help me at all to be constantly worrying about my credit score or if my Identity will be stolen. Even although I aknowledge that it would suck big time. The Chase Visa I just got offers "Identity Theft protection"... you guessed it...for a "low monthly fee." I guess I'll look into it to see if it is a ripoff or not.
I actually got lucky when I bought my house. The fixed rates here dipped to about 6% - I seriously doubt they will ever get much lower than that. A few months after I bought, the market took a dive and now it is said to be almost impossible for buyers to get a loan here in MS. I'm glad I'm not planning on selling anytime soon!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The insurance mogul hasn't looked into identity theft insurance?

Here's your stick back!!! [sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 10-09-2007, 10:50 AM

LOL. I work in insurance claims. That doesn't mean I am going to purchase every worthless insurance policy offered to me....actually it is quite the contrary. IMO the only insurance you really need is, Health, Auto (if you have a car), Life Insurance(if you have a family), and Homeowners Insurance (If you live in an apartment you should buy Renter's Insurance, it's dirt cheap). It's all about risk. IMO I am not really ata high risk of having my identity stolen

Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 AM

Don't shake your **** at me!!! Save that for the ladies ..... uhhh ..... yeah, your married. Well .... you know what ELSE I always say, "Just because you're on a dite doesn't mean you can't look at the menu!"

Also, I said "looked into" not bought!

Old 10-09-2007, 11:47 AM

Ahhh...I misunderstood. Since I read commercial policies all the time I don't feel like reading others in my spare time. Actually I still haven't even read my own homeowners or auto policies! They are still inside the sealed envelopes they came from my agent in!

Old 10-09-2007, 11:49 AM

[sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif]

Here's the rest of the tree!

Old 10-09-2007, 11:50 AM

another side note that someone kinda mentioned about CC and balances, having 3 credit cards with max balances of 10,000 each and carrying a running balance of 3,000 on each card is better for credit ratings than having one card at 9,000 and 2 at 0. I know it sounds strange but it's true. why? I have no idea.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:59 AM

1 card at 9g's looks like you spend big money frivolously. It could be a single purchase.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:34 PM

the dealer i bought my v6 at took amex. i put 5k of my down payment on my amex (their limit). That's woth a 50$ gift card at teh cheescake factory!

On a side note, I called AMEX prior to the charge, knowing full well that they would deny it if i didnt. I kinda like that.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:22 PM

Did the dealer charge you a 3% fee for using your ccd? When I bought my car I put it on my united mileage card the dealer tried to charge me the 3% fee!!! I said no way jose and was gonna walk, so he just incurred the fee. Woo Woo for cards with points!

Quick Reply: I hate credit cards!