Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

For Michael Vick

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Default For Michael Vick

This will teach you to train Pit Bulls to fight

Old 09-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Default RE: For Michael Vick

vick needs a set of legirons and a couple more dogs in the pic.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:54 PM

what a jack. i hope he gets shanked in jail and dies from an infection in the cut.
Thats better

Old 09-11-2007, 02:24 PM
UAA

lol, did you hear about DMX, the rapper, yeah, he got busted for it too, but apparently nobody is pressing charges and people are just taking his dogs and cariing for them because he treated them like **** after the fights.... freaking incredible...

Old 09-11-2007, 02:43 PM

[>:]I'm guessing here, but DMX prolly doesn't have a college degree.
One would think being educated and a multimillionaire would be enough make a man rise up above such activites(not vick tho).
PETA probably feels sorry for poor ol uneggykaited DMX and are giving him a hall pass on it. Or is he from suburbia and just faking it for street cred?

Maybe!

Old 09-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Excuse me, but Vick DOES NOT have a college degree. I was at Virginia Tech before, during and after Michael Vick. He was there for a few reasons:

1) VT is a state school and he started at the end if an 8 year in-state tuition freeze. In-state residants could go there full-time for $3000 a year!!! (I'm from NJ, so it was 5 times that for me)
2) VT is a well-known football school
3) VT has enough "basket weaving" classes that he could take so that he could stay above the 2.0 GPA requirement WITH tudors and from what I've heard, sit-in "help" aka-people taking classes for you (no real evidence, hearsay only)
4) Vick was at VT for 3 years. One red-shirt season and 2 playing seasons before he was drafted to the NFL.

Michael Vick did not finish any academic degree program nor is he a representative of the product of Virginia Tech.
It's bad enough that my alma matter's reputation has been tarnished by the biggest shooting in our country's history, but Vick has made bad news common place with reegards to the school. I can only hope to help redeem my school's reputation through my own reputation, work and accomplishments.

As for DMX, there's no reason that he should receive any less punishment.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:09 AM

Yeah, I was told the same thing by a buddy last night at the bar. He said he was attending vt and that vick was a p.o.s. then and now.
I wonder why (and I played fora while) some institutions put the dollars ahead of their own reputation-looking back, football really isn't
important to the continued success of a university of higher education. Quality control should be paramount.
DMX SHOULD BE UNDER THE BUS WITH VICK! Please do not think I was personally being light on the bum.
The biggest issue with this is the pervasiveness of ghetto mentality. The colleges are stuck with the problem also.
Expand your heart, enlighten your mind, and RISE UP! (And be kind to animals!)

edit- I do not feel that vt had anything to do with someone being a pscho, that was a very unfortunate location for that person to go off,
and my prayers go out to those effected by such a terrible act.[&o]

Old 09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Valdeez: Please don't take my post the wrong way. I'm not offended by or upset about your post. I just wanted to set the record straight about him and my school; there has been so much bad publicity lately. As for the shooter, I guess that could happen anywhere. I was very disappointed with how Steger (VT president) handled the whole deal, not so much for the failure to warn about the first 2 shootings, but for his failure to listen to the outrage by the students in having NAS as a "welcome back" performance. ---- NAS liric excerpt "Murder murder murder, kill kill kill"

And for the inevitable question ... yes I did know 2 of the victims. Dr. Livieu Librescu, the holocaust survivor that was killed holding the door so students could escape out the window, was my dynamics professor in the summer of 2000. Dr. Librescu was a great and kind man, RIP. Garrett Evans, the black guy that had a long interview from his hospital bed, is a good friend of mine. Garrett was shot through one thigh and the 22 got lodged in the other. He could walk a week and a half later. Garrett is in good mental health, has accepted and forgiven the event and has moved on in his life.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:24 PM

I am sorry to hear of the losses, and your friend is a strong person for having the fortitude to move on after such an unfair set of circumstances
befell him. Angst filled "music" is no way to greive.
The thing that eats me about Vick is the big charges that he dodged with a plea. I suspect that guns, drugs and prostitution go hand-in-hand with the people who torture animals in such a fashion.

I gotta button up on this thread, it's making me depressed.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:53 PM

i am sorry about using those "curse" words in my above post. the whole topic of michael vick just pisses me off.