Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

need for speed pro street

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Default need for speed pro street

need for speed pro street!! what do you guys think? worth it?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: need for speed pro street

another one? i havent really played carbon yet...what different on this one?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:48 PM

I played the demo, and wasnt impressed there leaving the arcady feel that made them famous. Carbon was cool, but it was basically the samething as Underground/underground 2/Most wanted. It really should have been called NFS Underground 4. Pro street has a more offcial feel to it, theres also damage(that can be turned off) im debating if i should "pick it up" or not. Im think im gonna "get" crysis before i get the new NFS. Just upgraded my rig so it can handle it now, not on max (Crysis that is) but it can run it. Crysis is supposed to cripple systems, even top end systems. My buddy just did his system as well 6Ghtz+ Intel quad core, 8gigs mem, liquid cooled and there was a point where it droped to 8fps. Supposedly the draw distance is something like 2 miles. But i never understood making games that destroy systems, it alienates 99% of the gamers out there whos system cant even run it on low. Id much ratherhave medicore graphics and amazing gameplay, then the opposite. Thats why i love Half Life, the story line is amazing and it has decent graphics.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:22 PM

HL2 ftw!
Im stuck with a radeon X700... so yea. no high end games for me. lol.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:28 PM

in my mind the NFS series died like 6 or 7 years ago.

Nothing new has come along in that genre.

As for your buddies system.... that's a bit much for a pc.
If the PC is running 32bit (which it should be, cuz even till this day 64bit XP/Vista sucks ballz) the max mem you can allocate is 4gig, so 8 gig is pointless.

Regardless of 32 vs 64bit, Windows runs on a strictly based paging system, which will actually have a limit on how fast you can really use your memory (due to HDD speeds), considering it's not even a true multi-core OS. Also, neither Vista nor XP natively allow memory addressing per application ON the application level, so your apps will most likely be limited to their maximum level of memory usage since Windows will try to manage it all itself.
If you look at people's performance monitors while running Vista with 4gb of ram, you'll quickly see that over almost 2gig is generally used just on boot up. This is not linear, as you can see by reducing down to 1 gig you will be booting with around 250mb used, a difference in almost 25% (accordingly). Just goes to show how bad Windows is at allocating and managing memory.

If he IS running 64 bit, then the quad core doesn't do anything, nor the speed since Vista can only handle 2 cores at the moment, as well as only support up to 4 ghz (through a dual core, doesn't accept a single core at this speed). Also, Vista is not supporting anything more than Dual core at the moment, so that would/could be another issue. It --is-- possible to get it to see the other 2 cores with virtualization, but you still have a lot of overhead for that.

You also didn't mention what video card he has... This is really the only deciding factor on how a game will run on most current hardware.. Example? My dual core amd64 4800 with 2gb DDR ram runs Crysis at ~65fps at near full quality on my 8800gt...

Another thing, every game has settings for a reason... We play BF2 on a craptastic 1.3ghz pentium with a nvidia 6600 just fine on medium settings, and it still looks really good.

Also, the fastest quad core out there is a 2.66 ghz accumlative core, which is still slower than my dual core 4800 (which gives me a total of 9.6ghz in Linux)

Old 11-15-2007, 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: nafango2

HL2 ftw!
Im stuck with a radeon X700... so yea. no high end games for me. lol.
HL2 is freaking awsome, EP1 and EP2 were amazing TF2 is equally amazing and portal is f'ing mind bending. I play TF2 on an almost nightly basis. And BTW i am awsome. within ten to 15 minutes i am top 3 in points. I only play 2fort cause thats the best, and im usually the pyro (Surprise surprise). But thats what type of game i prefer, playability over long range. I remember when Doom 3 first came out and they were saying how its system crippling. that made me not want to play it, the same goes for crysis. ill play it for a few days then ill get rid of it. Call of Duty 4 is another great game, over a little quick but action packed none the less. And the 'super solider" feature is a little stupid, but so are randomly placed health packs. I miss the one shot one kill type games, like ghost recon. Man was that fun.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:57 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Sucks.

I played the demo on my 360 and its horrible. Just like every other racing game out there the driving characteristics are so unreal and stiff. I drove about 30 feet, then purposley crashed into the wall, quit, and deleted it from my 360's hard drive.

The only racing game I play is Forza MotorSport and Forza Motorsport 2. The most realistic game, and you can tune everything, so even if you and someone else on Xbox Live have the exact same car and mods...the tuning can really provide a boost in performance and handling. I think if you tried either Forza, you'd be stuck on them. Great games.

Guitar Hero III, Halo 3, and Forza FTW!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Almost A Senior Member

haha, i still only have the 2nd NFS, and heck yeah GUITAR HERO!

Old 11-16-2007, 10:14 AM

Gran turismo 5 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 10:16 AM

i dont like the realistic ones

cruisin usa FTMFW

Quick Reply: need for speed pro street