Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

New Honda concept vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Default New Honda concept vehicle

Honda has announced a couple of new high-tech diesel engines.
http://www.latimes.com/classified/au...-home-highway1
Long overdue, in my opinion, but do you think they'll be as reliable and trouble-free as the older, low tech, gasoline engines?

Something that hybrid, hydrogen, and pure-electric-car proponents don't talk about very much is the long-term ownership costs of these alternative vehicles.

The simple fact is that they are bloddy expensive vehicles to own and maintain. For example, would you want to buy a used, high-mile hybrid vehicle that now has no warranty?

I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole, and I think any owner of a new one is going to be in for quite a shock when they try to sell the vehicle years down the road.

(I wonder how the replacement cost of an "old tech" braking system compares to that of those fancy new "regenerative" braking systems? A little voice tells me that Mother Honda wants an atsronimical price for them - probably more than the "book value" of our '92 Accord!)

Here's a photo of that new Honda diesel:
Name:  Hondadiesel.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  36.6 KB

Old 09-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Default RE: New Honda concept vehicle

while i agree that the price to purchase a hybrid off the bat is a little crazy, i think its more about the cleanleness of the vehical. I wanted to get one, and i still do because i feel some sort of responsibility to not waste fossil fuels. With that said im going to instal more parts on my car that eat up more gas :P