Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

pics of yourself

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Default RE: pics of yourself

ORIGINAL: falkore24

thanks cx!!! That's me!!! That was the only time I ever wore a suit to this office. Like my bling bling dollar sign necklace with the double gold chain?

& Kevin .... give me a break! Believe it or not, I've actually been busy lately! I'm working on spending like $8-10M this week, so there is some work involved!
So what do you do that involves spending 8-10 mil in one week?! Hopefully you need some type of service my company can provide.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

94 Rooftop AC units for the Jacob Javits Center. I anticipate the controls to cost another 2 million, installation will be in the 7 figure range, if I can get what I want, it will add another couple million to save that much in energy over the next few years ....... not to mention the indoor equipment.

These units are nominal 9'x9'x35' in size. 45 are 60 ton units and the rest are mostly 105 ton'ers. To put this in perspective, a typical split-level 4 bedroom house in NJ/NY has 4-6 tons of cooling.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:37 PM

When you start talking about energy savings over time that put's it right up my alley. Does this facility have any type of automation/scheduling system to maximize efficiency?

Check this out:

www.amx.com

Old 06-26-2008, 04:47 AM

i have an air conditioner, AND a thermostat! I can even adjust the temperature of the air conditioner!

Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 AM

Haha, just an FYI 1 ton of heating/cooling is equal to 12,000 BTUs. I'm working on Class 10,000 and Class 1,000 clean rooms for Honeywell at the moment. I could tell you what they make in there but then I would have to kill you.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:43 AM

Also working on a geothermal ice arena and an ammonia refrigeration system... fun stuff... not really.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: slammed97

When you start talking about energy savings over time that put's it right up my alley. Does this facility have any type of automation/scheduling system to maximize efficiency?
Nothing right now. I am exploring dessicant based energy recovery wheels, hybrid evaporative condensing air-cooled RTU's, everything is getting upgraded to VFD's, full building CO2 based ventillation modulation, full digital DDC/BMS control systems.

This is in addition to re-roofing the building, green roof and replacing the glazing (almost the entire skin of the building).

ORIGINAL: nafango2

i have an air conditioner, AND a thermostat! I can even adjust the temperature of the air conditioner!
You are doing better than the JJCC my friend. They have a few temperature sensors to look at and manually turn machines on and off right now.

ORIGINAL: finch13

Also working on a geothermal ice arena and an ammonia refrigeration system... fun stuff... not really.
Ammonia is pretty cool in how it works without pumps for the evaporative cooling ..... just works on liquid-gas phase principles and gravity ..... also the sparge tank. 1 second it's a tank of water and the next it's a tank of Mr. Clean!

Old 06-26-2008, 10:17 AM

I have 7 tons of Cooling.. but my house isn't exactly small and i live in Texas...

Just wanted to brag some

Old 06-26-2008, 11:50 AM

The ammonia refrigeration system is driven by 3 compressors so it does get a fair bit of help on the chemistry side of things. The warehouse is roughly 150,000 sq. ft., completely refirigereated from 40 deg. down to -10 deg.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:01 PM

From pics to A/C in a few hours!!!!! Anyways... it sound cool what you do Falk, U get paid well? hope so! sound like tons of hard work. I need an a/c for my appartment. it's like 50ft by 65ft. How many ton's will I need?

Quick Reply: pics of yourself