Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Raffle my accord here???

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Default Raffle my accord here???

I don/t know much about raffles, I was wandering if anyone knows about them. I would raffle my accord here and give half to the froumsas my conribution to this fine set up.

1) what are the laws regarding raffles? I know there are some.
2) who will run the raffle?
3) PAYMENT for the tickets can be paid trhu paypal.
4)Someone help!!!!

Old 07-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Raffle my accord here???

Go to ebay and ask them if they can do that by the laws of the internet..I will look it up when I get time..
You tell us what your thinking of here in this posting link..you make the rules of the raffle so you tell us what they are...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 AM

Hres what I'm thinking. Half of the proceeds wilL go thE the haf and half for me. I think $20 for tickets with a minimum of 800 sold will give haf $6000 as a contribution. tHE MORE TICKETS SOLD (IF ABOVE 800 WILL GIVE MORE MONEY)

1) tHERE NEEDS TO BE SOMEONE tHAT WILL PRINT THE TICKETS. tHEY CAN BE MAILED OR E-MAILED WITH A SPECIFIC NUMBER.
2) SOMEONE trustworthy, an administrator, should have acces to a paypal account (not me) to collect the money for the raffles.
3) There needs to be a set date.
4)members can contribute by either buyin a ticket (I think $20 is not too much to ask for a contribution/chance to win my accord)
5) there has to be a minimum of 800 tickets sold and of course there is no maximum, the more we sell the more the forum make and so will I. $20 FOR AN ACCORD WELL...EVEN IF IT IS A 1999 WHO GETS ONE FOR THIS PRICE!!!!
6) AN ADMINISTRATOR NEEDS TO DRAW THW WINNING TICKET ALONG WITH WITNESSES.

7) i WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE DRAWING NOR WILL i PURCHASE A TICKET. iT WILL BE UPTO THE MEMBERS TO DO THIS
8) Tickets sold that do not amount to the minimum of 800 tickets shal be refunded to the members.
9) ANy OTHER IDEAS WILL BE MORE THAN WELCOME. tHIS IS JUST OF THE TIME OF MY HEAD. i HAVE AN IMMPECABLE REPUTATION ON EBAY AND SO DOES MY GIRLFRIEND.....EBAY NAMES asapasap and iridium03. Feel free to look..........

Old 07-07-2008, 10:48 AM

By the way, this is not an auction, it's a raffle...........big difference. But we can also do it thru ebay but firts we need members who are willing to contribute the $20 thru the auction so we need commitments from members. Who's up for it? By the way, My name is Carlos Quiles and my cell is 347 419-8537. I am in queens Ny.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Um a minimum of 800 tix @ $20 would be $16k, with $8k going to you and $8k going to HAF. I personally don't think you are going to find 800 people on this forum that are willing to get another Accord, let alone 800 people logging in to see this. Even if it did work out I don't know what HAF would do with/need 8 grand for. I would rather see HAF take what they need from $8k and donate the rest to a charity of some sort.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

I would be afraid of all the different state & federal laws that might apply. Not INTERNET laws but stuff like gaming laws.

I dont know much about gaming laws, just enough to be afraid of it.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Administrator

So am I, that's why I told him to look into it himself..I'm talking with my attorney about it later when he calls me back...

Hey Jim you never answered my PM [:@]

WheelBrokerAng

Old 07-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Yes I did answer... (at least I think I did)

Old 07-07-2008, 03:08 PM

I know they are currently doing a raffle athttp://www.newcougar.org/forums/fs-v...ml#post1481695http://www.newcougar.org/forums/fs-v...ml#post1481695 ANd yes...I also own a cougar.... I will check into the laws but as far as I know you need only to apply for a permit. But I'll keep checking.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:14 PM

The money can be used to offset many things, Future events, maybe establish a fund manage or upgrade the website if needed or to do whatever. Just as long as no laws are broken. I was thinking of doing a raffle at the hospital that I work in but at $10 a raffle with a minimum of 1,000 tickets sold. But I aslo have to find out how it works here in Ny,,

Quick Reply: Raffle my accord here???