Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Storytime with Falkore!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default Storytime with Falkore!!!!

No story right now, but I figured that I'd start the thread for a place to tell our stories. If anyone has one, feel free to post it here! Also, as threads move into stories, please move the convos here to keep the threads on topic.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Default RE: Storytime with Falkore!!!!

I was waiting for you to do this falkore

So my mom drives a 99' Toyota Camery it has all the 00' features thou, including cassete deck . Anyway, my car was getting serviced andi need to borrow hers to either pick someone up or get something to eat, i forget which one it was. (May have been both, i love to eat). Anyway i came back from where ever i went and told my mom that her car felt like it had more power, she also noticed that something was different. A few weeks go by and the garage that she normally takes the car to, to get any service done packed up shop and left town. Seemingly over nite. So my mom just pops down to another shop that has been in town for quite a bit longer and has several recomendations. She drops her car off to get the oil changed and they call her back and tell her that she is missing the air filter. No wonder it felt like it had more power, theres less restriction. Turns out the old garage had been doing that to alot of people around town. When someone would bring in their car they would charge them for new parts and install used parts. I would constantly tell my mother to get her brakes changed cause they were squeeling like crazy, again it turns out that this guy would either take the brakes off and put on someone elses used brakes and charge us for parts, or just adjust the brakes so they dont squeel for another month or so.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:15 PM

Reputable shop!!! I wonder why they left?!?

Old 10-09-2007, 02:27 PM

I wasnt there for this, but our autos teacher was talking about it once.

I guess this 17 year old kid bought a car from someone and had driven it to school every day for quite awile. After about 3000k miles he decided to take it into the autos shop to get an oil change. Well they put it on the hydraulic lift and looked under it. then the kid yelled "mr. L, you gota come over here and see this!"
well it turns out that the previous owner of the car lost his oil drain plug, and had taken a rubber stopper (like the type that goes in a test tube) and jammed it into the drain plug hole. incredibly, it had never fallen out. (god knows it wouldnt be good if it had).
he drove around for about 3000 miles with a rubber stopper as a drain plug.
lawl.
i cant believe someone would sell it like that.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:32 PM

That's great!!!

A similar story, when I was in HS, a kid drained his tranny fluid thinking it was the oil and poured the new oil into the crankcase. He pulled the dipstick to check when he was done to find double the oil and that he had no tranny fluid. He had to leave the car for the day because there wasn't time to get new oil and tranny fluid that day. Luckily he checked and didn't drive the car like that.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:29 PM

So uhhh..do you want like funny stories? Or just any story in general?
I'll start withthe first funny/embarassing story.

So when my wife and I were dating back in college, I used to stay with her over at her parents house in the summer when we were both home from school on the weekends. We lived an hour away and her parents had an extra bedroom and they were cool with it (like they didn't think we stayed together while we were at school, lawl). So one night me and the wife (then girlfriend) went out and watched a movie and proceeded to get drunk. Apparently I got pretty wasted, but I remembered gettng in the bed and everything. I woke up in the guest room...in the bed...by myself....and apparently I was so drunk I peed the bed. I was 22 at the time. So I go tell my wife: "Uhhhh....I think I peed the bed." To which she laghs her @** off. So I'm like "well what are we going to do about it?" Her mom was already up and in the kitchen. I think it was like 1:00 PM or something. So we have to go wash the sheets.....in front of her mom. I've always wondered if her mom thought it was something a lot worse than pee, and that's why she didn't ask or say a thing.
Which also brings me to remember one time my wife said her mom walked into the guest room when she didn't know I had stayed over (close to the beginning of our relatonship). Apparently I was...uhhhhh....exposed. I'm not even going to say what she said to my wife about it....

Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 PM

so, her ma saw both inches?

Old 10-09-2007, 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: smaglik

so, her ma saw both inches?
lol

Old 10-10-2007, 01:57 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Ok got a funny story that happened back in high school to a friend. He was late to class one day so we asked where he's been. Told us that he got into an accident on the way to school. Told us that he had hit a parked civic down the street from his house. We all laughed so hard as he tried to explain himself. Said that the sun was in his eye so he couldn't see anything. Next thing he knew he heard a noise but didn't know that he had hit a car so drove for couple secs then looked back and realized what had happened. He got scared and drove home. His brother was home and told him to go back and talk to the owner of the car he had just hit. To his surprised the owner was very nice and thankful that he actually came back because the last accident he had was a hit and run. I have no idea how the civic was totaled when my friend's saturn only had damage to the front bumper and right fender. His insurance tripled so I guess he has learned his lesson and won't be hitting parked cars anytime soon.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:37 AM

smag that was cold man...lol

Quick Reply: Storytime with Falkore!!!!