Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Storytime with Falkore!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Default RE: Storytime with Falkore!!!!

I guess I kind of asked for that one. Smaglik you are such a . That was totally weak.
I've never had any complaints before!

Old 10-10-2007, 10:03 AM

As for funny story...

A friend and i were going into the city (NYC), for some reason he decided to take the brooklyn bridge in, i dont know why. Anyway its the middle of summer and were sitting in traffic on the bridge with the windows down and all of a sudden i say "Hey man it smells like burning silly putty" He says he cant smell it and that im crazy. We get off the bridge and he looks at his instrument pannel and notices that the temp gauge is about to hit the red line. He pulls over somewhere in chinatown, pops the hood and the coolant is boiling. Literaly a rolling boil, it was crazy. I just looked at him and laughed, sneaking in words like idiot and dumb!ss between the laughter. so i went around the corner and got him a few I Love NY shirts to clean up the mess. We hung out infront of this chinese resturant for the better part of an hour waiting for his car to return to a normal temp. I forgot what we were doing in the city that day, but at every chance i got that day i reminded him "Hey, remember that time your car overheated!?" Turns out he had the airconditioning on max with the windows down in 90+ degree heat. Also he was driving a 92' Cutlass Ciera.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:21 AM

Haha!

One time me and a buddy of mine were riding backroads when I was in high school late at night one weekend. All of a sudden we look in the bed of his truck and there is thick smoke and a little flame. It turn out one of us flicked a cigarette butt out the window and it caught a sock that was in the bed of his truck on fire. Good thing we caught it when we did or he would have needed a new bedliner.

Which also reminds me of another fire story....
When I was 16 and had my 1990 Mustang GT 5spd I was heading from school to that same buddy's house (about 2 miles or so away.) So I'm stopped at a stop light and I swear I think I see some steam coming from the driver's side of the hood. Very faint, so I wasn't sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me. I looked at my temp gauge and it was normal. So I just said to myself: "I'm only about 1 mile away from my buddy's house, I'll just make it there and figure out what the problem is." So I keep driving and I'm in his neighborhood. I am about 1/2 mile away when all of a sudden flames start shooting out of the drivers side of the hood! I try to turn the car off, but it won't turn off even with the key out of the ignition. The e-brake won't work (luckily I am at the bottom of a hill) and the car won't go into gear because the clutch cable has been burned through! Luckily the car came to a rest next to a house that there was someone outside watering the yard with a hose. So they run over and we proceed to hose the hood down from the top. I don't dare open the hood for fear of being engulfed in flames. Once the fire is out, it appears that the battery exploded. The only culprit we could think of was that possibly the under hood light that comes on when you open the hood malfunctioned. This light is located directly above the battery. My dad had to completely replace the wiring harness and some other components. He did all of the work himself. Had to get a new hood (also we noticed some bondo on the old one that burned right through) and a new paint job.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Almost A Senior Member

A buddy of mine in HS changed his oil at my house. I had left and wasnt holding his hand, as it was apparently needed. He left my house and attempted to drive home about 10 miles. Before he got there his motor siezed...Guess what? He didnt put any oil back in the damn thing and fried all sorts of sh*t..It makes sense though. This guy lacks all mechanical ability, but still tries to work on his own stuff.

Another buddy of mine, on his birthday, for three years straight had 3 seperate incidents of terrible luck...His 16th birthday we were all partying and we had a limited supply of beer. We decided we would shotgun them all, maybe 4 apiece. We were at some girls house and were gonna leave to get some booze from a buddys dads fridge. On the way out he was slamming his last beer and got choked up and puked 3+ beers in my buddys new explorer.....17th birthday we were driving around in 2 seperate cars and were goin to a party or something, taking the backroads..He tries to turn down a road that he thought was a shortcut to the otherside of the interstate....He could see the interstate so he thought the road went over it. We live in the country, by the way, fields everywhere. It was a dark road and kinda rainy. So I lose him cuz im driving in the other car..he calls and says he lost, stuck in a field and facing the interstate...Im driving up and down the road we are on for like 10 minutes trying to find the road he took...I find him finally and he is about 250 yards into a field, axle deep in mud. He tried to tell us that once he realized he was in the field he thought he would just keep going and get on the interstate from the ditch!!!. nevertheless he was another 250 yards from making it there...finally his 18th birthday...we're out driving around again talking about his previous birthday debacles and laughing...he went to adjust himself in the seat and when he raised himself his head slammed into the sunvisor and broke the mirror..hahahh We all laughed and cursed him to 7 more years of bad luck on his birthday...

Old 10-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

LOL ..... great stories guys ...... 00, funny or otherwise. This is for every kind of story! Here's one that I said I'd copy to here that happened yesterday right before my first scuba class.

I pulled into a gas station next to a Mercedes parked head on by the store. There are no lines drawn. I go in and this truck pulls in and tries to squeeze between my car and the gas pump! There is no room at all, so he comes in and askes whos car it is. I said it's mine and he tells me that I have to move it, so I told him that he'll have to wait. He's all pissed off, rambling that I can't park there, so after I find that the store doesn't have what I need, I go to pull out and I can't because now I'm trapped btw the MB, the gas pump (with a car at it) and the truck. Also, after I moved, he starts yelling for the owner of the bens! So after some manuvers, I pulled out and let him know that he's a real pain in the @** and that if they don't want people to park there they have to draw lines line any other gas station that isn't run by a bunch of a**ho**s!

I guess I've been a little more moody lately since I have way too much going on with work and my own life. Also, I'm tired as h*ll. Yesterday was a 5:30am to 1:00am day!

Old 10-10-2007, 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: peter4jc

Just don't do what my best friend Bill's kid did. The kid was 16, and Bill told him to check the oil in his Sunfire, and add oil if needed. Sure enough it was low. So what does the kid do? Starts pouring in quart after quart until it was full - at the top of the valve cover where the Add Oil lid is! It was full alright!

The funny thing is, Bill owns a Goodyear service station. I guess car smarts isn't hereditary.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

Heh... That reminds me of a story...

I had a friend - his wife had a Jetta with manual tranny. She got an oil change at a quickie place, & asked them to check the tranny oil & add if necessary. Just like Hondas, you open the fill plug & check to see whether the fluid is about to pour out of the fill hole. It was dry, so they added a quart. Still dry, they added another quart. Apparently that's where they gave up & handed her the keys.

Problem wasthe plug they opened was the hole in the bellhousing where you shine a timing light onto the flywheel. So they had just poured 2 quarts of gear oil onto her clutch.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: drummer1279

Thats funny, heres one from my job (advance auto parts) 2 guys riding in a 01 Accord V6 automatic. The guys walk in and ask me what to do, the transmission is slipping and the engine is making a grinding noise. My first thought was ask them to check the oil and the tranny fluid. After getting a deer in the headlight look from both of them I decided to walk out and do this myself and sure enough both dipsticks were bone dry. the car needed almost 4 quarts of oil, this they figured out how to do themselves, then they come back in freaking out because some dummy in the parking lot told them that they had to undo a bolt on the side of the transmision to add the fluid. SO I go BACK outside and show them and having to reassure them that you add the tranny fluid through the dipstick hole, the tranny needed 2 quarts....

Old 10-10-2007, 04:25 PM

clear cut case of post-whoredom

Old 10-10-2007, 04:53 PM

^ x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 !!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Storytime with Falkore!!!!