Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Storytime with Falkore!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Storytime with Falkore!!!!

See what I mean!!! Congrats Jon!

My gf got woken up by her friend at 5:30 this morning, crying for no reason while feeding the baby. Don't be too surprised if she gets really weird after she gives birth. PPD is very real and can range from a bit down in the dumps to some serious $**t.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:24 PM

Oh I know! I am just keeping my fingers crossed. I have heard of some seriously crazy stuff blamed on PPD. Plus she is already all wierd being pregnant. She'll cry during some frickin commercials. I'll be like "WTH is wrong with you?" Then she's like: "It's my hormones!!"

Old 10-11-2007, 02:26 PM

Man .... you think she'll remember how to get to the mall? This may work in your favor!

Old 10-11-2007, 02:36 PM

Nahh, cause then I'd have to drive her there on the weekendinstead of playing golf. I'm still looking into getting a Garmin. Went and looked at BestBuy. But the sales guy said the one I was looking at did not have the voice command function. Maybe I'll have to order one that does.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:45 PM

Voice command??? They can talk to you, but you can't talk to them. I was looking at the Crutchfield that showed up yesterday and the Pioneer AVIC-D3 caught my attention .... $1000 with a free rear-view camera, USB and a $100 add for a sattelite radio module. Also the Eclipse AVN2210p with USB, bluetooth, a TomTom and $50 add for Sirius for $500. Both double DIN fitment.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:02 PM

Oh, I thought they made them where you could tell them where you wanted to go? I guess I misunderstood.What a POS! Haha JK! I'm only lookin to spend about $250. My pockets have been pretty shallow since I've been married and bought a house. Now a baby will be turning my pockets inside out!

Old 10-11-2007, 03:27 PM

i had an avic-d2 in my m3. nice unit. off topic a bit, are we? haha

Old 10-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

Add me to the list. My wife is due with our first in about a month.
Better buy all your car goodies now. You'll never have another chance.

I had a project car that I wanted to fix up. Once I got married & started having kids my spare time evaporated. Plus, for some reason my wife didn't really understand the need to bring the intake manifold into the living room to clean& port-matchthe runners.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:10 PM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

Add me to the list. My wife is due with our first in about a month.
Better buy all your car goodies now. You'll never have another chance.

I had a project car that I wanted to fix up. Once I got married & started having kids my spare time evaporated. Plus, for some reason my wife didn't really understand the need to bring the intake manifold into the living room to clean& port-matchthe runners.
Haha! Yeah I've kind of accepted the fact that I probably won't be able to do a project any time soon. Maybe the next child will be a boy and he will like working on cars. Or maybe this little girl will like working on cars (doubtful but hopeful.) then I could have an excuse. I doubt my wife would be very keen on me using up a whole parking spot in the garage for the purpose of a project car though. Don't have enough room in the back to store a project car back there either. Pluss the neighborhood I'm in is on a golf course so they have all kinds of "protective or restrictivecovenants" and crap like that. I can't wait to seafoam one of my cars for the first time in the driveway!

Old 10-11-2007, 09:17 PM

I thought in Mississippi everyone had broken down cars on their property...

Ok...here is my story...

A number of years ago, I am at a McDonald's with a friend of mine. This friend does not have a lot of patience. In addition, it hasnt been a good day for either of us (bad bowling event). Anyway, we stop to grab a quick bite at a McDildo's near Madison.

He doesnt like pickles. He explicitly orders his big mac without pickles. We get our food, go sit down, and guess what...he's got pickles on it. He is not happy. He goes back up to the chick he ordered from (high school age) and plops the burger down open face right on the counter, asking her to tell him what is wrong with the sandwich. SHe doesnt have much to say, and he starts to berate her about it.

The manager, seeing the conflict, comes over and asks him what the problem is. His response?

"The problem? I'll tell you what the problem is. She's McF*ckin' stupid!"

We left shortly thereafter.

Quick Reply: Storytime with Falkore!!!!