Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Storytime with Falkore!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Storytime with Falkore!!!!

Same guy .....

Vegas was nuts yoooo
Ok first of all I must say that rental companies are dumb. They gave me a brand new ford escape with 3000 miles on it. THe first thing i do with it is go to the sand dunes 100 miles north of vegas. These sand dunes are not small. They are over 1000ft high and look like mountains. So i lower my tire pressure and put the ford in first gear and mash the pedal like i stole the ****. Me and my friend chris (also crazy as me) beat on this thing like it was a rag doll. The deam ford wished it had never seen us come into Enterprise to rent it. We went off of every jump, and hit every hole and bowl there was. We were going 40mph when we hit these jumps. The poor ford. In the end the car was totalled. Front bumper came off, rear tailgate was dented, all skid plates came off, both wheel wells ripped off, front fender was dented, head lights destroyed, steering wheel was tilted, and the car shook violently. I had killed the car in 5 hours haha. Oh well. It was a good time. Please check out the pics and see if I did a good job.

This is how you kill a car that you rented from Enterprise

Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 AM

I might add also that this is the guy that got the Caddies for a Nag's Head trip, gave one to an ex-con and decided to punch a break-glass alarm before going swimming in the ocean at 3am nearby where there were shark attacks ...... and he's a government DOD engineer!!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:51 AM

i would assume that you guys paid for the damage waivers.

what did you tell them when you returned it? I would think taking it off-road would nullify that waiver, but i do not know.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:21 AM

I wasn't there. He called them up and told them that there's something wrong with their car and he needs a new one. He had the waiver.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 AM

That is why I will never knowingly buy a used rental car.
The reason I said "knowingly" is Enterprise often sells their cars to used car dealerships who will turn around and sell them as CPO vehicles.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:27 AM

Carfax ftw ...... they may miss accidents, but not owners!

Old 10-16-2007, 10:29 AM

That is a good point. I don't trust them for accidents, but you should definitely see who all of the previous owners were. Unless of course Enterprise used another entity's name as the owner when theyoriginally had it titled(the sneaky ba*****s)

Old 10-16-2007, 10:45 AM

Still, it would be a corporate name.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:21 AM

Yeah, but it could be misleading. Whatever corporation or entity thatowns the Enterprise that bought the vehicle could have their name on the title. But I guess I am getting complicated here with a bunch of "what if's". Main point is, be careful. If the vehicle was owned by some corporation or entity (not an individual's name) you may want to check into it before buying. You may indeed find out it was a previous rental car.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:52 AM

and beaten to hell like that poor escape! I love the pic with the wheels off the ground!

I know these huge posts take up a lot of space, so if you guys haven't seen the 120 mph bike accident story, go back to page 4!

Quick Reply: Storytime with Falkore!!!!