Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Video Game Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Supper Moderator
Default Video Game Thread

So we can talk bs about video games and such...

Anyone own Black Ops and MW2? Which do you like better?? I have yet to buy Black Ops b/c Iv played it few times and still like MW2 the best so far. Maybe if I buy the game it might grow on me.

Cam this is kinda for you...me and you were talkin about this back be4 Black Ops came out.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I have black ops, I don't have MW2 anymore though. I got sick of black ops really fast, when it first came out I wasnt even sure if I wanted to buy it. Its gameplay isnt much different than MW2. What I will say is there is really only one map I don't like to play, which most games there are 2 or 3 maps I don't like, so that is a plus.

But all the maps are pretty small, and close quarters, the sniper rifles are pretty much worthless and almost no one uses them. I understand the new downloadable maps are bigger, but I'm sorry but I'm not paying $15 for 3 new maps.

Like all the COD titles, its not realistic in the slightest, if anything this one is even more unrealistic than past titles. The game is supposed to have taken place in the 1960s but almost all the guns werent made until later, the worst being the Accuracy International AICS that wasn't made until the 90s yet is still in the game. But that is just a little gripe of mine.

I have been playing Battlefield:Bad Company 2 lately, to me it is the most realistic FPS to date. The maps are gigantic and have vehicles including helicopters and the game is focused more on longer range combat than cqb like cod, which I think more accurately represents modern war. Also the new map packs are free for Battlefield, and the vietnam expansion pack is only $15 which is essentially the same just different maps and guns. But remember COD charged $60 for World at war that was essentially MW with different maps and guns.

I personally cannot wait for Battlefield 3 to come out this fall, i think it will finally make people realize that COD is not the greatest game franchise. BF3 will be 32v32 games on the biggest maps in any game ever and will include vehicles as well as planes. So just think how big the maps must be to include a runway and airspace for a plane.

The only reason I am keeping Black Ops is because its what all my friends play.

Last edited by live2rice; 02-15-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Supper Moderator

yeah I have played Black Ops few times and I don't like it nearly as much as MW2. I'm gonna have to try out the Battlefield games I have heard some good things about them...just have yet to play. Maybe that will be my next game I buy. I almost bought Black ops but found a used copy of MW2 for a deal so I snagged that grabbed a blunt and called it a day...and still have money left over lol. 60bucks for a game..hahaha they can shove it.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

The call of duty franchise seems to be going downhill, but they just know people will continue to buy them because they are call of duty. To me they can be entertaining but are by no means realistic. They can also get frustrating though, esp in black ops with the rc car, chopper gunner, and dogs. They all seem overpowering with little you can do to combat them.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Supper Moderator

yeah the dogs are dumb. 90% of the time you can't kill them. It's stupid. I just beat MW2 in 3 1/2hrs. I really liked the story But Im sure not ging to buy Black Ops to figgure out the rest of the story....not gonna happen

Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 PM

I have owned pretty much every call of duty game that made it to the 360 consul and i have to say that black ops is by far the worst. The amount of false information that the game spreads is upsetting to say the least. If you are looking for a realistic game, play the story for the new medal of honor game. the graphics are outstanding and all of the weapons, settings, and characters are based off of the real deal. it overall is just much better. Just do not play the online play because it is nothing like the story.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

I agree that the single player in Medal of Honor was good, but online was awful. Few maps, few guns, few game types and overpowered snipers.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Supper Moderator

I really enjoyed the MW2 campaign mod....the special ops isn’t al that bad either. But your Right cam...the snipers are way out of whack. If you can master the sniper in the MW2....but I'm not all about the sniper. I have t say my fav. gun in the game...even know it's not accurate..is the AK47 with a scope..hahaha I love it

Old 02-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ps3 ur x box looking to purchase 1 love my ps2 but time to join the rest of the world (online)

Old 02-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Supper Moderator

PS3 can fall off a cliff and never come back for all I care

Quick Reply: Video Game Thread