Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Why do you buy an Accord?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 03:18 AM
JENxstar22
Unregistered
Default Why do you buy an Accord?

I currently own a Honda accord and love it! In addition,I am doing a project for my marketing class, and it involves the new 8th generation accord , most namely the accord coupe. For purrposes of my project , I would love if ANY OF YOU that drive an ACCORD(willingly not forced) answer the following questions :

1) Why did you buy the accord vs other brands ? (For ex. price? , good gas mileage? family car? , fuel effieciency? Quality, etc)
2) What kind of image do you think honda accord protrays or convey?
3) What do you think of the new 8th generation accord coupe that is coming out? Do you think its target to sportier consumers will work? What kind of consumers do you think will drive the new coupe?

Thank you all SO MUCH, your answers will be noted in my presentation.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Default RE: Why do you buy an Accord?

No need to post the same thing twice.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:34 AM

what do you mean an accord vs other brand? other brand like a civic, oddessy........? or other brand like toyota , mitsubishi......?

Old 09-19-2007, 02:27 AM
mister
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: JENxstar22

I currently own a Honda accord and love it! In addition,I am doing a project for my marketing class, and it involves the new 8th generation accord , most namely the accord coupe. For purrposes of my project , I would love if ANY OF YOU that drive an ACCORD(willingly not forced) answer the following questions :

1) Why did you buy the accord vs other brands ? (For ex. price? , good gas mileage? family car? , fuel effieciency? Quality, etc)
2) What kind of image do you think honda accord protrays or convey?
3) What do you think of the new 8th generation accord coupe that is coming out? Do you think its target to sportier consumers will work? What kind of consumers do you think will drive the new coupe?

Thank you all SO MUCH, your answers will be noted in my presentation.

1. I walked away from a head on accident in my Civic. I would've stayed with Civics, but I like the larger interior of the Accord.

2. An image of maturity.

3. 8th = too much like a Camry. I don't like it and I wouldn't buy it. If someone gave it to me I wouldn't complain though.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Almost A Senior Member

1. I bought the Accord because I was tired of paying for upkeep and repairs on my '92 Cadillac. I was familiar with the quality, craftsmanship, and fuel efficiency of the cars and liked the styling of the 03-05 coupes.

2. I believe its anaffordable luxury car. The accord hasmany of theamenities the Benzes and Beamers have, with half the price tag.And since you areasking aboutthe coupes;the coupe has a bit of stylishness and sleekness that a youngerdemographic is interested in. WhenI see my car I think, "Damn thats tight". I just love the way the whole car flows fromthe headlights to the trunk.

3. I think that targeting a younger demographic definately getsHonda's foot in the door, so-to-speak, for future purchases of other models. I woudl consider purchasing a Honda again before I even looked at other cars. And I can honestly tell you that I will never purchase a domestic car again, or truck for that matter. The quality of theseHondas is such that I dont have to even consider the "Big Three" in my decision process. As for the other imports, Honda has to continue to work at keeping me (the consumer) happy. My eye wonders when I see the new Altima coupes, so I want more horsepower, more low-end torque,and triptronic, paddle-shift, 6sp transmissions in both sedan and coupe models. Emissions and fuel efficiency of the V6's can and will suffer, but if you're buying the V6 over the I4 then you aren't really concerned with gas mileage.

send this whole project to Honda of America too.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:49 PM
stone1214
Unregistered

Hi, im just new to the forum, but the reason why i got the accord was its value for the buck. As what most of you guys mentioned the car, offers the best value for the dollar in terms of features (comparable to that of benzs and BMWs to a certain degree) plus its large roomy interior and good fuel efficiency makes it a very cost effecient ride. Plus its sporty yet mature design appeals to me.