Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

your dream car and why

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Default RE: your dream car and why

I would like one of the '66 427 Shelby Cobras as well, but I would rather build that myself (factory five racing kit car).

Given the scenario in the opening post, here's what I would get:

2008 Mustang GTw/manual trans it MUST be black in color(Bullitt edition would be preferred, but not necessary)
Mods:
Debadged
Spoiler Removed
Vortech Supercharger (9-12psi)
Suspension upgraded (I'm not exactly sure what's out there for it yet, but the Rousch Mustang smoked the new GT500 on Top Gear's track simply because of the suspension upgrades - it had a lot less power.)
Upgraded clutch
Short Shifter (Hurst already makes one for the new stangs)
Magnaflow Exhaust
Headers

I don't want something that everyone is going to gawk at (cop attractor) and I know the Shelby Cobra would be exactly that.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:49 AM

nsx-r or f430, hand down

both rare, both great handling, both great engines for there time, Damn sexy to look at.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:45 PM

Dream car would have to be the 98' Ferrari550 Maranello
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_550

Why? Ive been in love with this car for ten years. I love the lines of the car, and its different from any other Ferrari they produce. Then again how do you explain why you love one car over the other!?

Anyway, on to the mods:

None. Bone stock, i love it exactly the way it is.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:27 PM

Sure, it carries a $1 mil price tag, but I'd have to go with the McLaren F1.
http://www.supercars.dk/cars/mclaren/F1-5.gif

Otherwise, I'd go with the 575 Maranello.
http://www.ferraricluboflasvegas.com..._Maranello.jpg

Old 03-25-2008, 02:57 PM

McLaren F1 is THE supercar. it took so long for anybody to beat it, it should still be considered the champ. I watched an episode of Topgear where they drove one. The driver had to wear ear protection like he was flying a helicopter or something. And I think he said it only gets about 4 or 5 mpg haha! He drove an Enzo on the same episode and said the Mclaren was better. He said the Enzo felt too luxurious to be a supercar. Plus it is basically an automatic with those stupid paddle shifters. I've said it before: if I want a car with paddle shifters I'll buy my wife a Honda Fit. if I want a car that is fun to drive it betterhave a clutch and a stick to select gears withor I'm not buying it.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

McLaren F1 is THE supercar. it took so long for anybody to beat it, it should still be considered the champ. I watched an episode of Topgear where they drove one. The driver had to wear ear protection like he was flying a helicopter or something. And I think he said it only gets about 4 or 5 mpg haha! He drove an Enzo on the same episode and said the Mclaren was better. He said the Enzo felt too luxurious to be a supercar. Plus it is basically an automatic with those stupid paddle shifters. I've said it before: if I want a car with paddle shifters I'll buy my wife a Honda Fit. if I want a car that is fun to drive it betterhave a clutch and a stick to select gears withor I'm not buying it.
Thats true. Paddle shifters are way overrated but good for old housewives who need a lil adrenaline rush every now and then..lol... I think the Saleen S7 looks way better than the F1 and Enzo though....

[sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Name:  saleen_s7_5.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  17.0 KB

Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 PM

i dunno about that j_man, to ive seen all 3 in person and the Saleen with all those "gills" just, dunno, not mine thing i guess... the Enzo does not photo well... there's subtle curves in the body when taken in from profile is just gorgeous... the front end is kinda ehhh... the Carrera GT is a beautiful car in my opinion

Old 03-25-2008, 11:08 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Paddle shifters for the loss.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:41 PM

Mclaren F1 hands down.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:16 AM

I have built one. One the the high lights of my life. A GREAT experience that I would recommend to everyone. Sadly, I sold the car before I moved here. On the good side, the money I got for the Cobra paid off the S2000.

[img][/img]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rshighpass.jpg

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

I would like one of the '66 427 Shelby Cobras as well, but I would rather build that myself (factory five racing kit car).

Quick Reply: your dream car and why