Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

[Deleted]

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Default RE: Coilovers???????

i have maxspeed coilovers on my 96 accord and they work ok but my brothers on his 93 accord are a little bit smoother ride and his are nuspeed i think or something like that. They have locking perches and all kinds of things. They were well worth his money as if i remember correctly he paid like $65 including s&h to get them. I paid $80 for mine and his ride a little smooth.

Old 08-01-2005, 03:30 AM
Administrator

Yes they are sleeve type coil-overs and they do ride a little harsh until they settle in, then they are allright..

WheelBrokerAng
Here is what they look like...

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/88418EE09B594E0D9B471ED2ACE34B3E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-11-2005, 11:24 PM

I just recently purchased Tein ss dampers, finally got them installed yesterday.

Lowered the car very nicely, car now has a sweet looking stance, still have room for adjustment, can lower it some more, still experimenting with this.

The SS dampers, were i thought ,priced resonable enough, i got them from kuruma motoring, found them on e-bay, the kit cost me 8 large ones with shipping.

I went with tein based on a lot of research i did on the net and the price did not seem that hefty based on comparing with other manufacturers in the same league.

the ss dampers have sixteen settings to contol ride perfomance, right now i have them set at 8 in the middle. right away i see a drastic change over stock.

between lowering the car and having them set at the 8 mark, handling is hugely improved and cornering is a joy, with stock set up , the body sway on my accord was really really awfull.

last night i tested i the car out on some nice windy backroads, lets just say i had so much fun that my front brakes started to go long from the overheating, which is why i need a big brake kit next.

i look forward to checking out all the settings, im just waiting a few days for the springds and dampers to settle a little. this is going to make driving fun for a while.

on the negaive side: tein ss can be made edfc compatible but not on my model accord which sucks.
the rear assembly on the 2000 accord does not have the room for the pillow mounds and the edfc
motor mounts. i guess a serious body mod could solve that, maybe some day done the line

i was very dissapointed to find this out as i really wanted to have feature where you can sit in the drivers seat and control damping from a computer in your car, this is an awesome feature that tein offers

the adjustment on the rear assembly requires lowering the back seat, removing a plastic cover and then adjusting the damping force, bit of a pain but hey you have to deal.

so for me, teis ss dampers, so far so good. lets see how the hold up over time an what maintenance they require, i have heard that they are high maintenance.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:24 PM

why dont you go with some air ride?...lol.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:22 PM

Good cal dinzer i like your choice