Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Spring/strut combination

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 06:28 PM
KJ
Unregistered
Default Spring/strut combination

have a bs coilover setup on my car right now have a 97 accord coupe. I like the car lowered.... but i dont like a bouncy ride i just like it lowered for looks... i want a smooth ride... i was thinking kyb agx struts cuz there adjustable? or can i get away with the gr-2's? have no idea what springs to get though i know to stick with a name brand but dont know how each ride... want to spend as little as possible. car is a daily driver... not for performance

Old 09-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Bmoonis
Unregistered
Default RE: Spring/strut combination

All coilovers are going to give you a somewhat bumpy ride! It all depends on what you get for struts, and how much your car weighs (or how much you've reduced the weight of your car), wheels size, tire size, wheel width, and many others. The only way you're really going to have a smooth ride is if you spend more and more money on grade a performance parts for your car. The lower your car goes, the bumpier the ride, because the springs wont be able to absorb as much shock from bumps/pot holes/etc. Get what I'm saying?!

I'm no professional, but I 've owned enough hondas, and done enough work to my car to know atleast that!

I have KYB coilovers, dropped 2.5 inches, with 19" Konic wheels (low pro tires). Plus I still have stock struts, which I should replace soon with aftermarket struts), and my car will always ride a little bumpy until I go out and buy a set of $400-$600 springs or $1000 suspension kit.

I'd say go with KYB only because I havent rode on GR-2's yet. So I couldn't tell you which is better. KYB is a very popular brand.

Ps. If you REALLY want to know what a bumpy ride feels like, try taking your springs completly out, and ride on nothing but strut! I did it for about 4 months, and I STILL havent had a problem with them, even after installing my coilovers. Haha.

Hope that helps a little. But keep asking around, and get a little more advice!

Old 09-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Cprojects
Unregistered

I just installed KYB and Tenzo springs (i think) lol. Car is somewhat bumpy, not that much, i believe it lowered the car about 2 inches, not sure on that, i can post pics soon.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:27 AM
T07N
Unregistered

I have an accord 95 lx 4 door. Stock wheels. What suspension combo should I go with? I just want to kill the large wheel gap between the wheels and fenders. I don't want ultra low drop, just a sporty look drop. Is KYB AGX right for me?

Old 10-03-2006, 03:18 PM

from wut iv felt and experience, GR'2's are basically OEM replacements, id say go with KYB AGX, just cuz i felt it better, pluss u can change ur setting from normal Daily driving to mountain driving, which is a huge comfort plus

Old 10-04-2006, 08:09 PM
T07N
Unregistered

What kind of springs did you used?

I'm guessing I'm gonna go with some Tein S. Spring: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-...spagenameZWDVW

And KYB AGX adjustable shocks.

Do you guys have a better combo?

Old 10-09-2006, 02:46 PM

go with eibauch (sp) prokit if u can afford it with the AGX

Old 10-09-2006, 04:16 PM
T07N
Unregistered

If I'm gonna go with Eibach I think I'mma go with the Sports line. Prokit is too little of a drop.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:31 PM

well if he goes for more than a 1.5 then he should deff go for tokico illuminas

they allow for more than just 1.5 drop and there 5 way adjustable aswell, bit more expensive also

Old 10-09-2006, 06:49 PM
T07N
Unregistered

Dalaz: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKIC...spagenameZWDVW

If those are better than agx kyb shocks and h&r sports springs then I'll definitely go with those for that price.

Quick Reply: Spring/strut combination