Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

20's on a 99 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 12:44 PM
talo20s
Unregistered
Default RE: 20's on a 99 Coupe

ORIGINAL: bigbea

I am looking into putting 20's on my car. The correct upsizing would be 225/30/20. Susposedly that would not rub because it is sized corrrectly. I want to upsize the tire a bit, to 225/35. I was talking to some guy at a wheel place and he told me that they would fit but I would have to roll the fenders for them to not rub. I know that there are things you can rent to roll your fenders but is there anyone out there around NJ that knows a shop? I really don't want to butcher my stuff. Or do you think I will be alright with the 225/35's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Really don't want to roll them if I don't have too.
just put dubs on 01 sedan 225/30/20. It rubs with one in back.But the way it looks f**k it. Maybe later i will roll the fenders and slam it.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:44 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: 20's on a 99 Coupe

ORIGINAL: talo20s
just put dubs on 01 sedan 225/30/20. It rubs with one in back.But the way it looks f**k it. Maybe later i will roll the fenders and slam it.
Pictures please!!!

Old 12-07-2006, 03:35 AM
Administrator
Default ** Message From WheelBrokerAng**

Information Post...

The two most common ways to roll your fenders are either by using a Bat or a professional fender roller..

Regardless of what method you decide to use, no shop you go to will guaranty the work they do to be free of imperfections as the results always vary from roll to roll. Of the possible problems the most common are :

1. Paint could (and does) crack, chip, or peel-flake off.
2. Fenders can crease or bend more than desired.

EastWood CO. developed a device to roll fenders to increase the clearance and allow for more aggressive wheel and tire fitments. The fender roller is simply bolted onto the hub of the vehicle and the polyurethane wheel is adjusted so that it applies a firm pressure against the inner lip of your fender at an angle. A heat gun is then applied to the fender along the point of contact and from there the roller is then rotated back and forth to gradually "Roll" the fender.

Here is a link to there website to see the roller www.eastwoodco.com

WheelBrokerAng [sm=pimp.gif]