Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Michelin HX MXM4 Tire Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Default RE: Michelin HX MXM4 Tire Noise

They would want you to keep your car in excess of 200,000 miles. Although, if you get a 2008 they would be curious to hear how it runs.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:09 PM

I buy on my terms, andwords from dealers like new model and shortage are sure "turn offs" to me. If I have trouble dealing locally, I am not adverse to traveling a distance for the right deal. Then I bring the car back to the local dealer and he ends up servicing it. I initially planned to keep the 06 between 40 and 50k until the 08 caught my eye. However if the deal isn't attractive, I'll see how long that buggy will run. (haha) Can't wait for the dealer to call me this week about the tires and getting those bearings checked out. New tires won'tcause me keep the car, however.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:25 PM

I didn't see that you called it a super car. Now, that's the spirit! I would like to have your car but I like the style of my 6th generation Accord.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I agree with you on purchasing the 08. It would have cost me about 7k more than mt 07 did back in september...but, unless they start offereing the manual in the sedan...(v6)...prolly not going to happen...and even if it did, i dont think I'd buy one if the prices came down..i need to stop buying cars.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: smaglik

I agree with you on purchasing the 08. It would have cost me about 7k more than mt 07 did back in september...but, unless they start offereing the manual in the sedan...(v6)...prolly not going to happen...and even if it did, i dont think I'd buy one if the prices came down..i need to stop buying cars.
I'm with you on the manual but they need to fix the 3rd gear problems on the 6 speed before I would even consider one.[sm=guilty.gif]of off topic, sorry.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:27 PM

i agree with that...but...its overlookable...so far....

they replaced the 3rd-4th gear shift fork, 3rd gear mainshaft, and something else on mine. i think the problem is worse.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:48 PM

BACK TO THREAD - NOISY Michelin Pilot Tires

After 6 days with no communication, I decided to call Honda Dealer. Michelin has agreed to pay 1/2 the cost of new replacements. I will pay dealer for 1/2 of the tire cost, mounting/balancing and freight, If any. Seems more than fair to me. Told dealer to order tires ASAP. We'll mount them and then see if the rear wheel bearings make noise with new tires. Alls well that ends well. Guess it pays to open your mouth. Wah, wah, I still want a 2008 EX-L V6.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:45 PM

I'm glad it worked out well for you. I think it was a fair decision also.......does make you wanna slap 'em upside the head for not calling though.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:15 PM

THE PLOT REALLY THICKENS:

Replacement Michelin tires finally came in. Took the Accord to the Honda Dealer to get them mounted and have the wheel bearings checked. Had a 2:00 pm appointment. At 5:30 pm/closing time,the problem still isn't resolved. Instead of first checking the rear wheel bearings, the dealer mounted the new Michelins on my wheels. Digital balance machine malfunctioned, causing quite a delay. The Honda dealerfinally took my wheels/tires to a Firestone dealer to be balanced. GUESS WHAT? After mounting the wheels with new tires back on my car there is the same noise. I can onlybelieve that the tires were never the problem. Now, they state that there is indeed a bad wheel bearing. No wheel bearings in stock. Initially they were only going toauthorize the replacement ofthe bearings on one side (all that Honda authorizes) until I objected. Just read a Popular Mechanics article that stated you ALWAYS replace bearings on BOTH wheels at the same time. Now I have to return tomorrow to have the wheel bearings replaced. Ended up with a set of tires that I didn't need because the dealer didn't sensibly eliminate the bearing problem BEFORE the tire replacement, even though I told him, in advance,that others suspected the wheel bearing. I'm now going to see what contribution that the Honda Dealer is going to make. If he doesn't help, I'm going to call the Honda Factory Rep.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:51 AM

If I were you, I'd have them give you a loaner and let them have your car taking up their space until it's fixed. They are not going to want your car there, so I think that they'd be a bit more inclined to take care of the problems.

Quick Reply: Michelin HX MXM4 Tire Noise