Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Michelin HX MXM4 Tire Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Default RE: Michelin HX MXM4 Tire Noise

Well, the 'crap' hit the fan at the Honda Dealer this afternoon. I waited all morning for the Service Mgr and Parts Mgr to advise me when the wheel bearing assembly parts arrived. No phone call came. I then called the General Mgr and brought him up tospeed on all the sordid details. He told me to come right over. I swear that I made the 30 mile trip in 15 minutes. I then took the Gen Mgr for a short ride and he was amazed at all the noise. Well everyone got hopping and the two rear wheel assembles were quickly installed under warranty andMY portion of the tire bill was cut in half, in addition to getting 2 certificates for free oil and filter changes and some other car care supplies. The car is now so quiet, I can't believe it and new $199 tires for $60 sure ride nice. Don't ya' just love it when a plan comes together?

Old 11-30-2007, 06:30 AM
mrmilo73
Unregistered

[:-] After reading all this, my question is how much of your time was taken up with this issue? It looks like you got your problem solved but got some more grey hairs in the process. Congratulations on getting it done to your satisfaction!

Old 11-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

If you cut to the chase, it wouldn't take so long. Give the dealership 1 normal chance, then talk to the manager, then email and call corporate. Simple 3 day process.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:16 AM

Gray Hairs? Probably. What would you have suggested I do? All I wanted was
the noise diagnosed and repaired on a car that had warranty from Honda and
tires warranted from Michelin. Coincidentally, the Honda dealer was also a
Michelin dealer. I didn't insist on new tires. The Honda dealer told me the
tires were defective and needed replaced. Tookseveral days for them to contact Michelin and then have tires shipped in. Initially, I suggested that the
bearings were suspect. Instead of checking the bearings (a five minute job
on the lift) new tires were ordered and installed, then they checked the bearings. Had he just repaired the bearings, I would have happily gone "down the road". NOT MY BAD!

Old 11-30-2007, 09:45 AM

I'm glad you got it squared away, that's what really matters.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:54 PM
chippper27
Unregistered

From here on out...have the rears crossed to the front...fronts straight to the rear. Will keep tires in check...

Old 12-02-2007, 09:49 AM

THANK YOU! I see from your credentials that you should know what you are talking about. What does Honda say in their manual about tire rotation on the 2006 EX-L V? I'll have to check! Is this your suggestion for all radial tires (regardless of owner's manual directions) that aren't directional, and must remain on the same side?

Old 12-10-2007, 07:45 AM

Honda recommends the patternfor non directional tiresas Chipper said.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:20 PM
dixiecup
Unregistered

Please help...Ya'll sound like you know what you are talking about...I have a 05 accord exl v6, bought it brand new...never really been thrilled with this one...had a accura vigor (amazing car)and several great accords before this 05 and always loved them! This one drives like a lincoln and does not handle well...just never felt like a honda at all. So from the beginning i have complained that it is so noisy (LOUD)I cant have a conversation or even hear the radio well...if I am on interstate forget talking period. Some one recently told me that it could be the tires? (although this has been a problem since day 1?) I have the same michtires that came on the car (mich energy MXV4 p205-60-r16 91v)...I am ready to replace them but have no idea what to get, any ideas? I got such a great deal on this car and I cannot trade or sell right now and it has 36k miles on it...ANY suggestions would really help...yes, I am a chick and no nothing about cars, tires, wheels>???
Please help a girl out.